Broken Sword + MI3 Resolution Problems

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GodBelow

Broken Sword + MI3 Resolution Problems

Post by GodBelow »

Hello @ all,

First of all thx for this greatest port of ScummVM of all time. However I got a problem with Broken Sword 1 (didn't test Part 2 yet) and Monkey Island 3. They don't use the full space of the iphone's display, especially Broken Sword 1 is displayed in a small window only. I guess it's a problem with the resolution. But where can I change it? I hope somebody is able to help me. Thanks in advance!

Greetings GodBelow
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

That's because of the aspect ratio. Those games run using 640x480 resolution, meaning a 4:3 aspect ratio. The iPhone screen is a lot wider than that, which is why there's some space left over.
GodBelow

Post by GodBelow »

Hey, thx for the reply. So there's no workaround? In MI3 it's okay, there's only at the left and right some thin spaces left, but in Broken Sword the whole Screen is in a small window.
Greetings GodBelow
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

GodBelow wrote:Hey, thx for the reply. So there's no workaround? In MI3 it's okay, there's only at the left and right some thin spaces left, but in Broken Sword the whole Screen is in a small window.
Greetings GodBelow
No, it's intended. In Broken Sword the black space on top and on the bottom are for your inventory and for chat options, they're part of the game.