Broken Sword 2 The Branch & The Boar

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mikey

Broken Sword 2 The Branch & The Boar

Post by mikey »

Hi,

I've just run into a problem in broken sword 2 where you dart a boar and have a split second to click on a branch to open a new pathway. If you miss this opportunity is there really no way of finishing the game and no clue that you've gone wrong?

It seems like a terrible flaw in production if this is the case.

Anyhoo thanks for making the great scummvm and allowing me to enjoy my old PC games on my PowerPC running linux (Bill Gates would have a fit. If he wasn't retired, and living on his own tropical island.)
clem

Post by clem »

As far as I remember, completing the game is possible without hanging on to the branch - although some walkthroughs erroneously seem to believe otherwise (maybe they all copied from each other - in which case I don't understand why they'd write another walkthrough based on prior reading)
mikey

Post by mikey »

Could you tell me how?

The reason I ask is because I get to that point in the game and having done the wrong thing tried everything on everything else and wasn't able to proceed.

Maybe it'll help anyone else in the same position.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

mikey wrote:Could you tell me how?

The reason I ask is because I get to that point in the game and having done the wrong thing tried everything on everything else and wasn't able to proceed.
From what I remember, using the branch simply opens a shortcut to where you need to go. I don't remember the exact path, but I seem to recall leaving that room to the right instead, and walking around for a bit.
mikey

Post by mikey »

Oh OK. I just must have not chanced upon it.
clem

Post by clem »

Try http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/196823.html

Only the walkthrough by 'EddyC' assumes you didn't catch the branch, all the others are stuck with the idea that the game becomes unwinnable if you don't.
CDextrous

Post by CDextrous »

Thanks for that! I would just like to add though, that the Walkthrough by EddyC isn't quite correct. The very last instruction to get to where you have to put the theodolite says go left - it should say right.