Recommendation for good screen calibrators?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Chaostar

Recommendation for good screen calibrators?

Post by Chaostar »

Hello!

My T|C works just fine except for a slight calibration problem I have, mostly from the middle of the screen towards the lower left corner, but it's present in different degrees in most of the screen. The screen senses the tap a little upwards from where it's really done. This doesn't disturb me too much in normal Palm usage, but in point and click games in such a condensed space as the screen, precision is sometimes very important for a fluid game usage.

So, I'm wondering if any of you could recommend me a good screen calibration software that can be used in my T|C (OS 5). I mention this because I tried one of those little free calibrators and it hung up my handheld. They were mostly made during 2001 approx, when a lot of Palm V's went crazy with the "mad screen syndrome" or something like that, none of them was specifically designed for OS 5, so I wondered if this had something to do (especially with something as hardware-dependent as screen calibration).

So, just that, I'd appreciate any good comments on screen calibrators, especially if you had (good) experience with them on OS5 platform.

Thanks!!!

Martin
Arnage

Post by Arnage »

What's wrong with the one included in the OS? I didn't even know there were third party solutions for that :)
Chaostar

Post by Chaostar »

Yes, there are. I think it's got to do with the fact that the one in the OS has only 3 calib points. At least in my case the worst calib loss is in the lower left corner, where there is no calib point. The other ones have I think 5 calib points (center and the 4 corners).

In any case, there is a difference. I don't know technically how but a lot of developers and palm tech people say that the os calibrator is not really good.

m