Kyrandia 3 - minor .flac compression issue

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

wizzel

Kyrandia 3 - minor .flac compression issue

Post by wizzel »

Hi guys,
i know i should file a bug report to the tracker, but i don't want to register to Sourceforge. :roll:

When compressing all files in Kyrandia 3: Malcolm's Revenge with .flac, the file 'title1.aud' should not be compressed.
Otherwise you won't hear the title-song when the logo appears (after the first run - when the intro was already played).
You need to leave it untouched.
wizzel

Post by wizzel »

I also found a regression bug in the latest SVN-build (Windows).
When adding Kyrandia 3 in ScummVM, it is looking for the 'westwood.001'-file, otherwise it will not DETECT the game.

But once detected, you can delete the file and ScummVM will still PLAY the game and read all necessary data from other files.

Wasn't that regression bug fixed on 22/07/08 :?:
I mean - if fixed, we could save another 10 MB. :wink:
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

No, guys, this will not work. Forums are not appropriate place for bugreports. If you really want to help the project, please, take your time and report the bugs in a right way. We will be thankful and this will let us improve the project.

Eugene
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Both are invalid anyway.

First one works fine over here, the only thing that has to be assured is that the extension is 'fla' and not 'flac', but that is adressed in the README of tools.

Second one is most probably because you're lacking ONETIME.PAK. Works fine for me.
wizzel

Post by wizzel »

LordHoto wrote:Both are invalid anyway.

First one works fine over here, the only thing that has to be assured is that the extension is 'fla' and not 'flac', but that is adressed in the README of tools.

Second one is most probably because you're lacking ONETIME.PAK. Works fine for me.
No, no LordHoto... First one is in fact TRUE, and nobody has the ending .flac since the Readme.txt says:

"Note: You have to keep the file extension the tool will append else it will NOT work. Use it as shown above, copy all speech files to a directory and let the tool put the output file in another directory." (the output files have the .pak-ending, btw.)
You are free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Second, i'm not missing onetime.pak. Instead of that, i have all the files as given in the Game Data Files list, here.

But it was a try. Maybe i put both issues on the Tracker, then.

@sev: Sorry, of course you are right. Bug reports don't belong to the forum. :wink:

BTW: Are there any plans for a tool to convert/pack the 'English.smp' in Discworld, when SVN 0.13.0 is "officially" out?
Krammer's build works fine over here, as far as i can tell.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

wizzel wrote: Second, i'm not missing onetime.pak. Instead of that, i have all the files as given in the Game Data Files list, here.
If I understand the game detection correctly, ScummVM should either look for onetime.pak and westwood.001, or for onetime.pak and aud.pak when looking for Kyrandia 3.
wizzel

Post by wizzel »

eriktorbjorn wrote: If I understand the game detection correctly, ScummVM should either look for onetime.pak and westwood.001, or for onetime.pak and aud.pak when looking for Kyrandia 3.
Your're right, erik. That's why i posted my question.
If 'westwood.001' is missing AFTER the detection of the game, ScummVM just quits and that's a fact (at least on my Computer :wink: )
I have all the three files you mentioned.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

wizzel wrote: Your're right, erik. That's why i posted my question.
If 'westwood.001' is missing AFTER the detection of the game, ScummVM just quits and that's a fact (at least on my Computer :wink: )
I have all the three files you mentioned.
If you removed westwood.001, do you still have all the necessary data files that can be extracted from it? I'm not sure myself which files from it are needed and which aren't. The .PAK files are at least (all 18 of them), because the game won't even start without them.

For reference, they are:

Code: Select all

AUD.PAK       COST1_SH.PAK  COST5_SH.PAK  COST9_SH.PAK  OTHER.PAK
COST0_SH.PAK  COST2_SH.PAK  COST6_SH.PAK  GUNTHER.PAK   STEWART.PAK
COST10_S.PAK  COST3_SH.PAK  COST7_SH.PAK  MISC_CPS.PAK
COST11_S.PAK  COST4_SH.PAK  COST8_SH.PAK  MISC_EMC.PAK
wizzel

Post by wizzel »

Doh! :oops: I didn't notice i was missing all these files.

For now, i keep the westwood.001 file, since it makes more sense to keep 1 big file, instead of the 18 single files.

Sorry again for my inconvenience, though.
Won't happen again (anytime soon). :wink:
Last edited by wizzel on Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

wizzel wrote: "Note: You have to keep the file extension the tool will append else it will NOT work. Use it as shown above, copy all speech files to a directory and let the tool put the output file in another directory." (the output files have the .pak-ending, btw.)
You are free to correct me if i'm wrong.
Actually no output file from compress_kyra applied on Kyra3 files has the suffix .PAK. That's not the full truth though, compressing AUD.PAK should leave the extension PAK.
.AUD files should be automatically named .MP3/.OGG/.FLA depending on the compression you choose.