480p not working

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

aculotarpa

480p not working

Post by aculotarpa »

I bought today a component cable for my Wii to LCD connection. I've setted-up the Wii to display EDTV/HDTV 480p and everything goes fine with Wii, GC and VC games (the video quality is perfect).
The HBC, the HB Browser and any text-console homebrew works fine, but whenever I launch a graphic hb it get stuck at first screen and I must manually shut off the Wii.

ScummVM shows me the main screen, with all the games installed, but freezes immediatly.

Some emulator loads his own menu and works perfectly, but when i try to switch from menu to game it crashes, stuck at last menu screen.

If I swith back to NTSC 480i 60HZ or PAL 576i 50HZ in Wii system menu anything works as it should and I can play ScummVM (and anything else).
I think this is a common hb issue with graphic applications, but is curious that HBC and HB Browser are working in graphical mode and some emulators have a graphic interface working too.

As a side note, Genesis Plus claims to be 480p compatible, but it doesn't, it works in interlaced mode only.

ScummVM rev 33083 20080716124536
Badablek

Post by Badablek »

As a side note, Genesis Plus claims to be 480p compatible, but it doesn't, it works in interlaced mode only
Genesis PLus IS 480p compatible...since at least 2 releases, it was also one of the first emulator to add 480p video display.

Is your component cable the official one ? For my part works great on my PAL wii in 480p (official cable).

And what is the version of your Wii firmware ? With an old one (like 2.0), it could make strange things with homebrews. And if all graphical games have the same problem then this is not a scummvm bug, and dhewg will not be able to fix it ;)
aculotarpa

I'm the foolest of the year!

Post by aculotarpa »

I've double-checked my connections and now evrething works fine: a typichal case of not-well-plugged-cables. Feel free to send me a fistful of exploding bunnies with Wagner and everything.

Now I'm enjoying the best adventure experience of my life: thanks dweng (and all the ScummVM crew!!!)

P.S.
Anyway, it's a Dragon cable via a 3 way component switch.