ScummVM Tools version?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

raschi

ScummVM Tools version?

Post by raschi »

First I would like to thank dhewg for this wonderful port.

I have been testing the Wii port for a while now, and I have run into some problems with compression on Curse of Monkey Island and Full Throttle.

For Monkey 3 the game would always crash back to the Homebrew Channel when applying the cooking oil on the sunbather. I had tried to compress the files to ogg vorbis using both 0.11.0 and 0.8.0 versions of the ScummVM Tools. I was able to pass this puzzle and complete the rest of the game when using the june 8, 2008 SVN version of the tools.
I will test the SVN compressed files from the beginning to the cooking oil part when I have the time, but the game seems fine now.

For Full Throttle the game would always crash back to the HBC
during the cutscene when the bad guys follow Ben through the fertilizer. This happens with 0.11.0 and 0.8.0 ogg vorbis. This crash was also solved with the SVN version of the tools, but the game also crashes at the shareholders meeting later in the game and I am now unable to finish it.

I don't know if these are known bugs or if I am the only one having these problems. Is there a special recommended version of the ScummVM Tools or vorbis encoder I should use?

I am using v33083 of the Wii port by the way.

regards,
raschi
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

hi,

first of all: sorry for the delay :\

iirc the resulting ogg file would be 'monster.sog', do you have another game on sd which has a file with the same filename in its dirctory?
raschi

Post by raschi »

I do have several games using monster.sog, but I thought this was only a problem with earlier versions of the port.
I will remove the other games using monster.sog and see what happens, but the game works fine up until the shareholders meeting.

Will report back:)
raschi