PSP Curse Of Monkey Island Issue

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Track505

Post by Track505 »

Ah. Demo works fine here. I Think the Problem is the Backgroundmusic in the Full. The Demo is without Bgm here and works good.
Track505

Post by Track505 »

after I am a little further now in the fullversion, I must say, it works fine at the moment. :)
thanks joostp, great work.!!
db92

Post by db92 »

what it actually needs is moving fast in the murray scene, the crash is avoidable
sfaok

Post by sfaok »

Finished the game and happy to say, apart from the Murray bug at the beginning, the game was relatively bug-free for me. Apart from the occasional audio glitch and odd slowdown the game is very playable in the current cvs build.

As I mentioned before, the only really major slowdown that occured was during the banjo duel, aside from this the game runs really well.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

sfaok wrote:Finished the game and happy to say, apart from the Murray bug at the beginning, the game was relatively bug-free for me. Apart from the occasional audio glitch and odd slowdown the game is very playable in the current cvs build.

As I mentioned before, the only really major slowdown that occured was during the banjo duel, aside from this the game runs really well.
Thanks for the feedback.

All situations where slowdown occurs that you described have a lot of sprites/animation going on on-screen simultaneously, perhaps there's something that can be optimised here..

The Murray thing is strange, especially if it's only isolated to that scene, but I suspect there might be some warning or error printed to stdout/stderr at that point which could be useful in tracking it down - I'll have a look.
In the meantime, I would appreciate it if you could file a proper bug report for this issue, as I won't have time to look at it this week.
RinceWind

Post by RinceWind »

db92 wrote:comi is english, yes i compressed the data files, the crash occurs when i try to combine the hook with the ram rod and when i use the dialog at least you won't have a problem with what to wear or something like that....
I made two compressed versions of the game and tested them with the cvs build
one with only the musicfiles mp3 compressed ---> speech is cut or the sentences are crossing eacht other, but the murray scene works perfect no crash
one with everything ogg compressed ---> spech is working great but the odd crash in the murray scene

despite that, the cursor moving so slow in the inventory is sometimes a bit annoying but nothing real to complain about
Angelus3K

Post by Angelus3K »

Maybe 333mhz would fix the slow curser?
db92

Post by db92 »

RinceWind wrote:
db92 wrote:comi is english, yes i compressed the data files, the crash occurs when i try to combine the hook with the ram rod and when i use the dialog at least you won't have a problem with what to wear or something like that....
I made two compressed versions of the game and tested them with the cvs build
one with only the musicfiles mp3 compressed ---> speech is cut or the sentences are crossing eacht other, but the murray scene works perfect no crash
one with everything ogg compressed ---> spech is working great but the odd crash in the murray scene

despite that, the cursor moving so slow in the inventory is sometimes a bit annoying but nothing real to complain about
what about totally uncompressed files? :S do they work properly?
Tinnus

Post by Tinnus »

db92 wrote:flawlessly in a manner of speaking, since its still an emulator, i cant have high demands... however i mean to "run as best as it can"
No it's not an emulator... :roll:
JAVIMETAL82

Post by JAVIMETAL82 »

Hello mates... I'm from Spain, so I have tried to read all the possible stuff tryinf to solve my problem, but I have not understood if I can solve them with the before messages...

I am running a PSP with 2.0, and i can quite run very well monkey island 1, but with the third, there is a problem... I can see the screen where you can choose the difficulty, and then, I can hear the voice of the game running, but the sreen gets stuck on the screen of CMI publicity...then a message of the game...the monkeys are listening....and the screen follows block with the CMI image, while the voices are running behind...

How can i solve this?

Thank you so much people for the help...