Inherit the Earth from Wyrmkeep

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Adventureguy

Inherit the Earth from Wyrmkeep

Post by Adventureguy »

Hello,
I have a little question about the rerelease of ItE from Wyrmkeep. Afaik the game's available in English. Is this the only language available for this version or are there other languages like German, French, etc. available? Or is this a multilanguage version?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Inherit the Earth from Wyrmkeep

Post by Raziel »

Adventureguy wrote:Hello,
I have a little question about the rerelease of ItE from Wyrmkeep. Afaik the game's available in English. Is this the only language available for this version or are there other languages like German, French, etc. available? Or is this a multilanguage version?
I have the re-release here (bought a few months ago) and there is no other language than english there, also there is nothing mentioned on the webpage about a multilingual version available, so i'd say sorry, but no
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

:(
Oh well, doesn't matter, my English is quite well (I think) so I may consider ordering it. Do you think they'll put effort in producing this game in other languages?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Adventureguy wrote::(
Oh well, doesn't matter, my English is quite well (I think) so I may consider ordering it. Do you think they'll put effort in producing this game in other languages?
They have their forums so best to ask them directly. But as I know, the answer is No.

Eugene
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Adventureguy wrote::(
Hmm, the only other language the game features i'm aware of is indeed german.

http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/DBA1/EdE.html
It was the Amiga CD/CD32 version, which i also owned until some weeks ago. Made a donation with the game to a porter of ScummVM :-)
IIRC it was already supoorted by ScummVM, too...
Unfortunately a german PC version were never produced (maybe due to the bad selling numbers), but i'm not 100% sure about that

To your other question, well, ask nicely at their forums (as @sev pointed out). If they have the source code they may also have
access to some (all?) of the MasterDisks and it may be possible for them to re-release the german speech version, too?

Otherwise, you would have to look around (eBay, FleaMarkets) to get your hands on the AmigaCD version...

btw: If you can, use the english talkie, some of the actors doing the german syncronisation are real amateurs and i MEAN amateurs.
i.e. the voice of the "Orb of Storms" sounds like someone living near Stuttgart, being awfully bored and trying to sound
like a computer voice which goes comletely wrong, believe me ... AWFUL, that's why i ordered the re-release...
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

Raziel wrote:Unfortunately a german PC version were never produced (maybe due to the bad selling numbers), but i'm not 100% sure about that
There exists a german Dos Floppy and CD version of ITE, and I think they're both supported by ScummVM.

I think ITE is available at least in french and italian as well, maybe also spanish.
Dorian Gray

Post by Dorian Gray »

ScummVM includes English and German texts from ITE.EXE so I suppose that the german version exists.

I don't believe that a french version exsits but a team of amateurs is working on a french translation. (amateur comes from the french word aimer)

Happy new year to all
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Dorian Gray wrote:ScummVM includes English and German texts from ITE.EXE so I suppose that the german version exists.
Original ITE was translated into German by independent company and German ITE versions are: DOS Floppy, DOS CD, Mac CD, Amiga Floppy and Amiga CD32. All versions except Amiga are supported by ScummVM.
Dorian Gray wrote: I don't believe that a french version exsits but a team of amateurs is working on a french translation. (amateur comes from the french word aimer)
Yes, I'm aware about those efforts so is Joe Pearce of Wyrmkeep. Overall Joe is very friendly to all fan stuff and those guys have his blessing, as well as another team who plans to translate ITE into Russian. But neither of version haven't release any files to the public.

Eugene
noize

Post by noize »

I saw that Wyrmkeep released a "music.rsc" in one of their updates and in ScummVM it works on the old version of ITE too. Kudos!
Sordid

Post by Sordid »

There IS a german talkie version of the game. Its works with scumm.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Sordid wrote:There IS a german talkie version of the game. Its works with scumm.
:?: :?:

Eugene
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

The CD32 version is a German talkie, but AFAIK, ScummVM doesn't support it. Sordid's on steroids :)
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

sev wrote:Original ITE was translated into German by independent company and German ITE versions are: DOS Floppy, DOS CD, Mac CD, Amiga Floppy and Amiga CD32. All versions except Amiga are supported by ScummVM.

Eugene
Nothing more to add :wink:
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

the german title is "Erben der Erde: Die große Suche"
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

This is not fun, you know. Can't you read what is written above? If no, I'll cite specially for you:
sev wrote:German ITE versions are: DOS Floppy, DOS CD, Mac CD, Amiga Floppy and Amiga CD32
I thought this was clear enough.

Eugene