ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > General Discussion > Another Big Testing Season! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Another Big Testing Season!
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Vorph



Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 91
Location: Germany
 

Sorry,

as I don't really understand Japanese (even though it looks funny), I played the english Version...

Vorph

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Glorfindel



Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 40
Location: Italy
 

I've completed Lost In Time (Italian CD version) on WinXP SP2, I've encountered 2 minor bugs: 2033907 and 2033882

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
sanguinehearts



Joined: 31 Oct 2005
Posts: 376
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom
 

Completed Drascula English version last night, using a win32 svn build of the 0.12.0 branch.

One thing I did notice is that if you play directly from the CD
ScummVM doesnt give the warning about this present in other engines. Also it REALLY doesnt like playing from CD Smile

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
matnight04



Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 7
 

Just completed Woodruff and reported some bugs : 2036089

The game is still very playable Smile

Here are my config details :
ScummVM version : 0.13.0 (build 2008-07-30)
Language : French
Version : CD (I don't think there is a floppy version)
Platform : Win32 (XP)

 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
JonWW



Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 29
 

I've completed Pajama Sam - Don't Fear the Dark.
I encountered 2 minor bugs: 2029557 and 2029639
I also came across 1 major bug that can make the game impossible to complete: 2029715

Edit: These bugs might only apply to the Target re-mastered version.


quote:
Unfortunately all the problems you have reported so far, seem specific to
the Target release pf Pajama Sam 1, which I don't own. The problems don't
occur in the earlier HE80 and HE100 releases of Pajama Sam that I do own.

 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 16 Oct 2005
Posts: 585
 

A Mac OS X build is now uploaded for your testing pleasure.

Last edited by Vinterstum on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
clone2727
Retired


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 1592
Location: NJ, USA
 

quote:
Originally posted by JonWW
Edit: These bugs might only apply to the Target re-mastered version.

quote:
Unfortunately all the problems you have reported so far, seem specific to
the Target release pf Pajama Sam 1, which I don't own. The problems don't
occur in the earlier HE80 and HE100 releases of Pajama Sam that I do own.

I already mentioned that in the wiki.
 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
sanguinehearts



Joined: 31 Oct 2005
Posts: 376
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom
 

I just finished testing English Kyra 1 floppy, I didnt notice any problems.

Im using 0.12.0 compiled from the branch yesterday.

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
CrisGer



Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 71
Location: Colorado and California
 

I have both HOFCD and MALCOM, Kyra 2 and 3 loaded in my WESTWOOD directory on C but ScummVM wont load HOFCD..and MALCOM (Kyra3) wont load saying the Kyra.dat file is missing a Kyra3 entry..and to reget the Kyrad.dat file. I did and it still says that. ...any ideas? Do i have to have the disks in ? Both are the full talkie versions.

Do i have to compress the speech files to get them to work? just wondered seeing that tool in the tools. I was espeically looking forward to the support of the talkie versions as getting Kyra 2 and 3 to run on Dosbox has been a real pain as you have to enter the special ioctl commands, and install each time you play them....

thanks for working on these games..

 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
clem



Joined: 31 Oct 2005
Posts: 2185
 

quote:
Originally posted by CrisGer
I have both HOFCD and MALCOM, Kyra 2 and 3 loaded in my WESTWOOD directory on C but ScummVM wont load HOFCD..and MALCOM (Kyra3) wont load saying the Kyra.dat file is missing a Kyra3 entry..and to reget the Kyrad.dat file. I did and it still says that. ...any ideas? Do i have to have the disks in ? Both are the full talkie versions.

Do i have to compress the speech files to get them to work? just wondered seeing that tool in the tools. I was espeically looking forward to the support of the talkie versions as getting Kyra 2 and 3 to run on Dosbox has been a real pain as you have to enter the special ioctl commands, and install each time you play them....


Usually problems with 'wrong' kyra.dat files are caused by multiple instances of kyra.dat somewhere on the system and ScummVM trying to load the wrong one.

Copying the required datafiles to harddisk should be enough (no running the setup program necessary).
Compression or conversion of the files is not necessary.
Original disks do not have to be in the drive if the datafiles are all copied to harddisk.
There are no fancy audio tracks or anything like that.
Malcolm's Revenge is quite picky about FILEDATA.FDT being present, I forgot to copy that and it took a while to sort out this problem.
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
sanguinehearts



Joined: 31 Oct 2005
Posts: 376
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom
 

tested MI1 VGA DOS floppy version on a 0.12.0 build

no problems at all

I know the CD version was tested but there was another version listed so I thought I would test it.

 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
CrisGer



Joined: 07 Sep 2006
Posts: 71
Location: Colorado and California
 

I got Malcom to start and i get the audience sounds and sound effects but no dialog sound and the caption speech shows for just a second and moves on fast. tried changing to PC but would not start.

HOFCD installed into my WESTWOOD directory, after a complete deletion of ScummVM and all files, and replacement with today's snapshot, still cannot select the game or load it into ScummVM keeps saying no game founnd in the directory...i moved ALL the game files in to the folder from the CD, i have the purple and green Virgin Compact Disc that has a WIN version.

ScummVM refuses to "see" the game.

and so far my full speech version of Kyrandia I it won't play past the initial island prolgue, indeed the camera view wont even move down from the first opening view. ScummVM closes abruptly. Tried a complete re install fo that one too. the non talkie version runs fine...so far, the only Kyrandia that is working correctly in the new build.

No longer getting the wrong Kyra.dat tho...that is good news..i used the one that came with the snapshot.

 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 30 Oct 2005
Posts: 1030
Location: Germany
 

quote:
Originally posted by CrisGer
I got Malcom to start and i get the audience sounds and sound effects but no dialog sound and the caption speech shows for just a second and moves on fast. tried changing to PC but would not start.


Looks like you missed to copy the '.TLK' files.

quote:
Originally posted by CrisGer

HOFCD installed into my WESTWOOD directory, after a complete deletion of ScummVM and all files, and replacement with today's snapshot, still cannot select the game or load it into ScummVM keeps saying no game founnd in the directory...i moved ALL the game files in to the folder from the CD, i have the purple and green Virgin Compact Disc that has a WIN version.

ScummVM refuses to "see" the game.



Installed? You shouldn't need to use the original installer anyway. Just copy the files listed on over here: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles#Legend_of_Kyrandia.2C_The:_Hand_of_Fate
If the problem still persists check the terminal/console output.

quote:
Originally posted by CrisGer

and so far my full speech version of Kyrandia I it won't play past the initial island prolgue, indeed the camera view wont even move down from the first opening view. ScummVM closes abruptly. Tried a complete re install fo that one too. the non talkie version runs fine...so far, the only Kyrandia that is working correctly in the new build.


Maybe check if there's any output in your terminal/console. For Win this link is useful on how to do it:
http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/faq.php#id2551089
 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
testudo



Joined: 11 Aug 2008
Posts: 2
 

Successfully completed following games last weekend:

Sam & Max Hit the Road (Floppy/DOS/German)
Day of the Tentacle (Floppy/DOS/German)
Loom (EGA/DOS/German)
Lost in Time (DOS/German)
Ween: The Prophecy (DOS/German)
- bug 2046244 filed

ScummVM 0.12.0pre (Aug 8 2008 19:51:12)
Windows XP

Thanks for this great program

 Reply with quote  
Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer


Joined: 12 Sep 2006
Posts: 158
Location: St Albans, UK
 

quote:
Originally posted by testudo
Successfully completed following games last weekend:

Sam & Max Hit the Road (Floppy/DOS/German)
Day of the Tentacle (Floppy/DOS/German)
Loom (EGA/DOS/German)
Lost in Time (DOS/German)
Ween: The Prophecy (DOS/German)
- bug 2046244 filed



Wow, you did have a busy weekend Wink Added to wiki, thanks! Are Lost in Time and Ween CD or floppy?
 Reply with quote  
Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
  Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

Forum Jump:
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
Forum design by ScummVM team, icons by raina
curved edge   curved edge