ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > The Junkyard > Wayne's World
Wayne's World
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
skotafactor

Wayne's World 

I know you guys get a lot of "will you support this, please?" topics, but I'm trying to point out rather than beg at the option of Wayne's World being ported to ScummVM. It's a very underated adventure game (and the action game's infamous), but I personally love it. It follows the traditional Scumm formula and would make a wonderful addition among the other ScummVM titles. I know the team is very busy at it is, but it would be great to see some work done on this sometime in the future. http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/waynes-world

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:16 am 
timofonic

Hello.

Well, this is not so easy but at least there are some early attempt about the engine used in this game.

If you are rich enough to pay the dev or able to find skilled developers for doing the work for you and other people that like those adventure games, maybe you can enjoy that game earlier than expected.

Remember that this project is done in the too few free time of people that have real jobs (and develop on ScummVM because of liking it, totally unpaid), so their available time for working on this is quite limited.

Those devs are generally tired of having tons of people that don't understand how extremelly difficult and frustrating reversing engineering is, and they demand to devs all time to support certain games. If you desire so much, maybe is time to learning the necessary skills or finding someone really interested on doing it and with enough time available for the task.

EDITED. Reason: wrong information.

Last edited by timofonic on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:20 am 
md5
ScummVM Developer

That's not quite right, TsAGE was used in Tsunami games, e.g. Blue Force, Ringworld and so on.

I'm not sure what engine Wayne's World used (which was developed by Capstone)

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:27 am 
timofonic

quote:
Originally posted by md5
That's not quite right, TsAGE was used in Tsunami games, e.g. Blue Force, Ringworld and so on.

I'm not sure what engine Wayne's World used (which was developed by Capstone)

You are right, sorry for the error. I don't understand how I got confussed, maybe because being a bit drunk Smile

Another of the bad things is that Capstone seems quite infamous by their adventure games.
Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:01 am 
skotafactor

I was really just trying to point the game out. Not a whole lot of people know about the adventure game; the action game got more publicity (and was a whole lot worse, sound familiar?). The engine itself looks quite similar to the one used in FOTAQ

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:23 am 
skotafactor

Wow, nevermind. I just pulled this game back out from storage and for some reason I remembered it being a lot better game than it really is. It's actually kind of boring.The graphics are nice, though.

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:36 pm 
sanguinehearts

Hehe, I had a look at the publisher for this game, it seems they were mostly movie licensed titles, there are a few classic games in there, mainly from a humorous perspective.

I wonder if they shared an engine

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:21 pm 
skotafactor

I don't think so, but I know some of them used the World Builder Engine

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:55 pm 
skotafactor

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:11 pm 
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

quote:
Originally posted by skotafactor

I remember World Builder though I can't remember any good games written with it. (That sounds harsh, I know, but I only played a few.) It was distributed as freeware for quite some time, but apparently the unofficial web page for it was shut down a bit over a year ago because it won't run on today's Macs.

Looks like you can still get it from The Interactive Fiction Archive if you look under programming/worldbuilder.
Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:07 pm 
elvisish

Great PnC title!

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:59 pm 
Reply to topic