Monkey Island 2 - background Midi's overlapping?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ps3d wrote: I can't access a debugger, though there is a file named "iMuse Setup". Can anyone help me out?
While the original interpreter apparently does have some debugging features, I haven't heard anything about a way to kill the music.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I know exactly how to reproduce one version of this bug. What you do is go to woodtick, let the music play for a bit, then exit to the map screen and immediately click on Cpt. Dredd's ship. What I believe happens is the transition cues up from Woodtick to the Scabb Island theme but because you've clicked on Cpt. Dredd's ship so fast the game never got time to get the cue for the transition signal to end the Scabb Island theme because technically the Scabb Island theme wasn't even started yet (only the transition to it from the Woodtick theme) and thus the Scabb Island theme plays forever until you come back to Scabb Island and leave again giving it time to end its transition. To prevent this from happening, just wait until the Scabb Island theme actually starts when you leave Woodtick before going to Cpt. Dredd's ship.

Hope that makes sense. This happens to me every single time.
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

I have opened a pull request to fix this bug. Anyone willing to give it a try?
ps3d

Post by ps3d »

From what I found years ago, it's not a ScummVM issue, it's with the original program.
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

ps3d wrote:From what I found years ago, it's not a ScummVM issue, it's with the original program.
Correct, it's a script bug. But with ScummVM we can fix those too.
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

This page contains additional stuff to help with testing the fix for this bug. Feedback still very much appreciated.