ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Wii Port > Fate of Atlantis: Strange issues with Lost dialogue of Plato
Fate of Atlantis: Strange issues with Lost dialogue of Plato
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
ICEknight

Fate of Atlantis: Strange issues with Lost dialogue of Plato 

I've been trying FoA and I've noticed that sometimes, when I first find the lost dialogue of Plato and read it, after exiting the book screen I'd get "teleported" to some previous scene like I was loading a savestate (with just the same items I had back then and all).

Has anybody else had this weird bug? This happened in the previous version, either if I looked at the book after finding it or when Sophia took a look when talking to her (I had to skip that sequence).

I'll try with the newest version soon, just in case it was already fixed.

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:38 pm 
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Fate of Atlantis: Strange issues with Lost dialogue of P 

quote:
Originally posted by ICEknight
I've been trying FoA and I've noticed that sometimes, when I first find the lost dialogue of Plato and read it, after exiting the book screen I'd get "teleported" to some previous scene like I was loading a savestate (with just the same items I had back then and all).

From what I remember, the game actually does make a "secret" save game just before you read the dialog, which it restores afterwards. But I have no idea why it would load the wrong one.
Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:24 pm 
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

yes, please try rev 32565 i posted here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/ScummVM

there was a savegame issue on the prior version, maybe its related.

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:53 pm 
ICEknight

I seems to works fine now, thanks.

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:24 pm 
msliczniak

I have the same problem 

The thing is I have been using 32565 from the beginning. I just went and downloaded again from the link and did a cmp of the two tar balls and they are identical. (scummvm-20080605233742.tgz)

I have been having other save game issues as well. On time in FoA I saved and then later when I wanted to load the game it said something like invalid save file or some such instead of the usual save #. I loaded it and it worked fine. But when I ran into this problem detailed by ICEknight I thought that was the problem and I started from an earlier save game before the corrupted one and eventually I reached the same lost dialogue part and the same result occurred.

I also remember thinking one time when I was playing Sam & Max that I must have forgotten to save since the save that I loaded was way earlier with respect to the things I had done. Now I think this may have been a save game issue as well, like it loaded not the one I selected but an earlier one. This could have been stupidity of some sort on my part though.

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:47 pm 
msliczniak

work around 

I was able to figure-out a work-around and I have some more info that can be useful for fixing this bug.

What I did is I put the SD card in the reader on my Mac. Then I did this:

code:
eMac:scummvm aga$ ls
AUTHORS      atlantis.s02   ft.s00      maniac-v1-1.s00   samnmax.s03
COPYING      atlantis.s03   ft.s01      meta.xml   samnmax.s04
COPYRIGHT   atlantis.s04   ft.s02      modern.ini   samnmax.s05
NEWS      atlantis.s05   icon.png   modern.zip   scummvm.ini
README      atlantis.s06   igor.tbl   queen.tbl   sky.cpt
READMII      atlantis.s07   iq-points   samnmax.c26   tentacle.s00
atlantis.c99   atlantis.s08   kyra.dat   samnmax.s00   tentacle.s01
atlantis.s00   boot.dol   lure.dat   samnmax.s01
atlantis.s01   classic080.ini   m4.dat      samnmax.s02
eMac:scummvm aga$ mv atlantis.s0[01234567] ~/wiihd/
mv: /Users/aga/wiihd/atlantis.s00: set flags (was: 00200000): Operation not permitted
mv: /Users/aga/wiihd/atlantis.s01: set flags (was: 00200000): Operation not permitted
mv: /Users/aga/wiihd/atlantis.s02: set flags (was: 00200000): Operation not permitted
mv: /Users/aga/wiihd/atlantis.s03: set flags (was: 00200000): Operation not permitted
mv: /Users/aga/wiihd/atlantis.s04: set flags (was: 00200000): Operation not permitted
mv: /Users/aga/wiihd/atlantis.s05: set flags (was: 00200000): Operation not permitted
mv: /Users/aga/wiihd/atlantis.s06: set flags (was: 00200000): Operation not permitted
mv: /Users/aga/wiihd/atlantis.s07: set flags (was: 00200000): Operation not permitted

The mv actually did work, now only atlantis.s08 was left. This was the point in the game when I had the "Lost Dialogue of Plato". I started scummvm from the homebrew channel and loaded that save game. It was the only one at the eighth slot in the list.

Then I looked at the "Lost Dialogue of Plato" and when I did the '-' button I was right where I should have been instead of some other save game. Great I thought. I went to the menu and then to the load game screen and now I saw one thing odd. The autosave slot had the same game in it now as the one in save game 8 and even had the same name, save 8 instead of the usual auto save name.

Then I walked to the office and after talking with Sofia it had me look at the book automatically again. This time after pressing '-' I ended-up back at the same save again, ie the problem was back.

So what I think is going on is some earlier save gets picked if you have any saves, probably the auto save one.

I was able to work around it again this time by going to the office and as sofia was talking with me, pressing '-' for ESC and it skipped the whole look at the book go back to an earlier save issue.

I hope there is now enough info here to help solve this problem. I can provide the save file right before the problem if anyone is interested and thinks it may help in solving the bug.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:10 pm 
msliczniak

rev 33083 seems to fix this issue 

Thank you dhewg, I just tried it again with rev 33083 (scummvm-20080716124536.zip) and it seems to fix this issue once and for all.

I was about to make a new post about Sam & Max Hit the Road crashing with rev 32565 at the point when you float in the fiberglass fish but I tried that in rev 33083 and it works! Thank you again to all scummvm devs! There is a slight pause and then the game continues with rev 33083, while with the previous build it crashed back to the Homebrew channel.

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:22 am 
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

sorry for the massive delay, i was.. uhm... <insert excuse here>

i'm glad the fix worked, enjoy Smile

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:46 pm 
Reply to topic