ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Wii Port > Wii/GameCube port - News & Nightly snapshots Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Wii/GameCube port - News & Nightly snapshots
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Jimbob

quote:
Originally posted by eriktorbjorn
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbob

The only problem I have encountered is related to saving the game, I couldn't enter any letters into the save dialog ...

I only run ScummVM on my desktop so this may be completely unrelated, but I fixed a bug in the Broken Sword 1 save dialog recently. Sometimes you weren't able to enter any savegame name. In my case, it was because I pressed Shift to write an upper-case letter. This inserted character code 0 into the string, and that's the "end-of-string" marker. Anything written after that didn't show up on screen.

Ah, OK. I nearly have a setup ready to start producing Gamecube / Wii compiles so I'll update my SVN branch and try again. Thanks for the info!
Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:45 am 
Red_Breast

I feel embarassed asking this but what does GMM mean? I know what menu it is but just can't work out what GMM means.

By the way Dhewg I've also tried Tucker with no compression from a SanDisk Cruzer USB stick as well as CoMI and both worked fine.

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:29 pm 
md5
ScummVM Developer

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Breast
I feel embarassed asking this but what does GMM mean? I know what menu it is but just can't work out what GMM means.

By the way Dhewg I've also tried Tucker with no compression from a SanDisk Cruzer USB stick as well as CoMI and both worked fine.

GMM = Global Game Menu Smile
Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:36 pm 
zaccret

Hi,

Problems with the links. I cannot download r35894. Could you put it on HBB server (r35811 is already on it) ?

Thanks in advance.

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:12 pm 
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Jimbob: i reverted the component cable patch for GC, it should work fine now (but now there's no way to set 480p, i'll check about some config var options)

About the memory limit: Did you do any further tests about multiple binaries with different engines? I'm still unsure which way to go for v0.13.0. Maybe COMI+Bs1+BS2 in a distinct binary?

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:15 pm 
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

quote:
Originally posted by zaccret
Hi,

Problems with the links. I cannot download r35894. Could you put it on HBB server (r35811 is already on it) ?

Thanks in advance.

I dont have anything to do with HBB.

There was a scheduled server downtime (wiibrew.org was affected too), give the DNS update a little time and downloads should work again.

EDIT: downloads are back Wink
Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:05 pm 
Jimbob

quote:
Originally posted by dhewg
Jimbob: i reverted the component cable patch for GC, it should work fine now (but now there's no way to set 480p, i'll check about some config var options)

Thanks. How about an option in the GUI that turns on the component output? I'm not sure how much work that would be ....

quote:
Originally posted by dhewg
About the memory limit: Did you do any further tests about multiple binaries with different engines? I'm still unsure which way to go for v0.13.0. Maybe COMI+Bs1+BS2 in a distinct binary?

Well, I can't say for sure which is the best option .... my testing has stopped for the time being (Fallout 3 is too good!) Bossk (I think) did a build with only the SCUMM engines and that seems to work for COMI - I've never finished the game so I can't test it thoroughly!! Maybe another binary for the 2 BS games and everything else in one binary. I've hardly tested any other games though ....
Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:02 am 
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Long time no update, but I just changed the first post to point at the buildbot snapshots - instead of providing very infrequent builds myself Smile

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:24 am 
Paperman

Is the GMM disabled it the newest revision?
Download 1.0.0 and no GMM there.

Edit:
Okay reading would be a benefit. xD
Pressing Dpad up and Home will display the GMM.

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:51 pm 
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

It's been a while, but I just updated the first post. And 1.1.0 builds are finally up \o/

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 pm 
MusicallyInspired

Running anything in Double-Strike sends me back to HBC.

Post Sun May 02, 2010 1:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

works for me (tm)

any more infos about what exactly is happening? getting back directly to hbc sounds like a crash.

hit dpad up+1 to bring up the console, then try again. is anything relevant printed?

Post Sun May 02, 2010 3:32 pm 
MusicallyInspired

Sorry, my bad. My memory was faulty. It doesn't go back to the HBC, it just gives me a blank screen. I can hear all sound effects and everything I just can't see the game. There's no video signal. I'm running with component cables to an HDTV. If I use my regular composite cables on my little CRT TV I can see everything just fine. Do HDTV's just not support 240p?

Post Mon May 03, 2010 4:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

some do, sounds like yours doesn't.

if you're using component cables (480p), there's no advantage in 240p anyway. on interlaced CRTs (480i), the double strike modes is the only way to display a progressive picture.

Post Mon May 03, 2010 4:47 pm 
MusicallyInspired

I see. Ok then. Just making sure I wasn't missing out on anything.

Post Mon May 03, 2010 8:45 pm 
Reply to topic