Those Coktel Vision's games uses the same engine?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

John the adventurer

Those Coktel Vision's games uses the same engine?

Post by John the adventurer »

I was seen those Coktel Vision's games in mobygames, it could be interesting someday to know if they are using the same engine as the Gobliiins, if yes, maybe start donating them to ScummVM could be interesting too ;):

Asterix and the Magic Carpet
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Peter Pan
Asterix: Operation Getafix
Gobliiins
Bargon Attack
Inca I
Gobliins 2: The Prince Buffoon
The Prophecy
Goblins Quest 3
Lost in Time
Lost in Time: Parts 1 & 2
Inca II: Nations of Immortality
The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble
Inca I & II (Collector's Edition)
The Last Dynasty
Urban Runner
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Yes, it seems to. But we really need developers for gob engine now. We're stalled and just can't add gob2 support because of that.

See http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Gob_TODO

Eugene
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

*de-lurk*
I dunno if it's what you thought of, but I just wrapped the gob-code into classes (without much thinking, like stated in to TODO, similar to the SAGE engine): scummvm_gob_classes.diff

*shrug*
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

DrMcCoy wrote: I dunno if it's what you thought of, but I just wrapped the gob-code into classes (without much thinking, like stated in to TODO, similar to the SAGE engine):
Excellent! I'd already commit it if there wouldn't be some flaws. So please, commit it to our patch tracker.

Quick things. Please, check our code formatting conventions, particularly there are some opening brackets placed incorrectly.

Another thing is that it breaks the engine. I suppose it just deals with some class variables remaining uninitialized. I get this:

Code: Select all

dataFileOpen: Data file slots are full
Overall, a really great work. Next step would be converting those switch() statements into arrays of function pointers. And I really hope you're interested in conunuing this work.

Eugene
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

sev wrote:Excellent! I'd already commit it if there wouldn't be some flaws. So please, commit it to our patch tracker.
Will do...
sev wrote:Quick things. Please, check our code formatting conventions, particularly there are some opening brackets placed incorrectly.
Hmm, yeah, since I normally put opening bracket into a new line, a few "wrong" ones could have slipped through... :/
sev wrote:Another thing is that it breaks the engine. I suppose it just deals with some class variables remaining uninitialized. I get this:

Code: Select all

dataFileOpen: Data file slots are full
Errr... It works here on my end...

...I'll look into that...
sev wrote:Next step would be converting those switch() statements into arrays of function pointers. And I really hope you're interested in conunuing this work.
I am... Though I don't have that much free time because of my study... :/
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

That sounds very good!

My recommendation: Don't worry about the switch etc. stuff yet -- first get this patch cleaned up and good to go so that Eugene can commit it (once he thinks it's good enough, that is).

Then you can make further changes based on that. This way, if bugs are introduced, it's easier to find out if they were introduced by the cleanup stage 1 (this patch), or by stage 2 (changing switch to opcode tables etc.); plus, I always recommend to first clean up your existing work before adding even more things that also need to be corrected :-)

Just my two cents, of course.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fingolfin wrote: My recommendation: Don't worry about the switch etc. stuff yet -- first get this patch cleaned up and good to go so that Eugene can commit it (once he thinks it's good enough, that is).
Exactly.

Eugene