ScummVM on PSP! WOW!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Capsule21

ScummVM on PSP! WOW!

Post by Capsule21 »

Hi,

This is my first post here and i have just recently found out that i can use scumm on PSP which i would love to play indiana jones and the last crusade on it. I have tried install the scumm file into PSP/GAME/... and the PSP do not recognize it.

My PSP currently is on 3.95 firmware (the newest updates from playstation) and i do not have any knowledge with hacking the PSP which i do NOT want to and never will.

Is there a way to have scumm working on my PSP with my currently firmware (3.95) on my PSP?

Any help will be much appreciate!

Thanks!
ldelapaz82

Gotta hack it

Post by ldelapaz82 »

no it is not possible to play scummvm on the psp without having custom firmware. I was anal about hacking it @ first but i finally went thru with it and its the best thing I ever did. So I say atleast think about it, the possibilities are endless.
ducati9x

PSP firmware

Post by ducati9x »

Unfortunately, you also have one of the worst firmwares (in terms of functionality) available for the PSP. In efforts to thwart users from using bootleg copies of PSP games, Sony downgraded the speed at which your PSP will read from memory stick (b/c most hackers load games off of the memory stick). Thus making bootleg games choppy and unplayable - including videos and music you might load on it legitimately.

Scummvm actually runs considerably slower and choppier off of this firmware than any others for this reason. You should seriously consider installing custom firmware for this and multitude of other reasons, even if you don't plan on playing copied games.

Also unfortunately, anything above 3.80 firmware is notoriously difficult to flash to custom firmware. There are, however, available options. Try "Time Machine" available from Dark-Alex. Google it.
trondah

Post by trondah »

That's all FUD. Sony did not decrease the memory stick speed, and any PSP firmware can be _easily_ flashed with Pandora's battery.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Not really.

I doubt Sony has done it on purpose, but the prx for reading the memory stick has been changed to a slower one. To restore the reading speed from 3.71 and before on your current custom firmware - use this -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OmDvFg67vQ0
prefix

lol

Post by prefix »

Ofcourse this has been done on purpose, it's a desperate attempt to get market control on psp games.. with the success of psp cfw sony is crying because they don't earn enough money on their games, (most of them SUCKS anyway.) the only reason i would ever own a psp would be to play snes emulator and scummvm emulator on it, perhaps music and video too..

I don't know when sony will realize it and open up the firmware instead of just nailing more nails into PSP's coffin.

Anyway i have a copy of LCS that is unpatched (1.0) and thats the only game i'll ever need XD
manias

Post by manias »

Jinx1337 wrote:Not really.

I doubt Sony has done it on purpose, but the prx for reading the memory stick has been changed to a slower one. To restore the reading speed from 3.71 and before on your current custom firmware - use this -

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OmDvFg67vQ0
this is not needed for everyone, it depends on your memorystick. Lots of people have NO issues at all
manias

Re: lol

Post by manias »

prefix wrote:Ofcourse this has been done on purpose, it's a desperate attempt to get market control on psp games.. with the success of psp cfw sony is crying because they don't earn enough money on their games, (most of them SUCKS anyway.) the only reason i would ever own a psp would be to play snes emulator and scummvm emulator on it, perhaps music and video too..

I don't know when sony will realize it and open up the firmware instead of just nailing more nails into PSP's coffin.

Anyway i have a copy of LCS that is unpatched (1.0) and thats the only game i'll ever need XD
even the unpatched LCS cannot be used anymore to downgrade new psp's (or any slim psp)