libmpeg2 novice questions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

RyuMaster

libmpeg2 novice questions

Post by RyuMaster »

Hi, everyone! I'm really new to video decoding, and there is absolutely no info available on this matter for WinCE based devices, so I'm hoping someone can explain me few things.
I have downloaded libmpeg2_WinCE_02_22_2004.zip file, which has WinCE ported lib files.
I am using Visual Studio 2005. Do I have just simply link those libraries to the project? And what's next? There is no API or anyting for libmpeg2, how do I actually play decoded videos with it?
I really appreciate all help on this matter.
Regards, Konstantin.
clem

Post by clem »

As far as I know, libmpeg2 isn't needed for ScummVM any more. The only games which played mpeg files were Broken Sword 1+2, and with the inclusion of lossless DXA video file support this lib shouldn't be necessary any longer.

edit: generally speaking I can't help you, but I assumed you're trying to compile ScummVM
Lostech

Re: libmpeg2 novice questions

Post by Lostech »

RyuMaster wrote:I have downloaded libmpeg2_WinCE_02_22_2004.zip file, which has WinCE ported lib files.
I am using Visual Studio 2005. Do I have just simply link those libraries to the project?
There is no WinCE ARM MSVC project file for ScummVM available. But perhaps this older topic http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4459 where you can find sources and a MSVC project file for a WinCE MIPS target might help you to create you own MSVC project file for an ARM target.
On the other hand you could switch to MSYS/MinGW to compile with the maintained makefile which can be found in the /backends/platform/wince subfolder of the ScummVM source.
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Re: libmpeg2 novice questions

Post by jvprat »

In case you really want to build it, here are the instructions: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Compi ... Windows_CE
RyuMaster

Post by RyuMaster »

Thank You, everyone! I managed to build those lib with all info provided. The only thing I can not fix now is

Code: Select all

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol mpeg2convert_rgb24 referenced in function "void __cdecl sample6(void *)" (?sample6@@YAXPAX@Z)
which pop ups when I build project with video playback, but I think this is out of concern of scummVM community.[/code][/quote]