Are the games Fascination, Labyrinth (C64) supported

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ERKAN

Are the games Fascination, Labyrinth (C64) supported

Post by ERKAN »

Hi I was wondering if these games are supported on ScummVM and if not could you please add them to the list
P.S.
I have Monkey island for Sega CD but the music of the game doesn't work can you tell me how to make it work
And I want to contribute to the project
So I wanted to ask
Can I send you old Russian Adventure games?
Sincerely yours
Eugene
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Unfortunately as far as I know theres nothing remotely simlar about the engine for the game Labyrinth, It would be a lot of work to reverse engineer the engine for that single game to add support, I believe there is a current implementation of the engine used for Fascination, however if I recall correctly the developer working on the engine has no interest in supporting that game.

Fascination has a higher chance of being supported some day, provided somebody wants to expand the engine.

Labyrinth however, unless someone truely dedicated to seeing this game supported and knowledgeable enough to reverse engineer it makes an attemp its very unlikely.

Also for Monkey Island Sega CD I think you just need to have the game cd in the cd-drive and it should use the tracks from there.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

A response from David Fox about Labyrinth

'It was done in straight 6502 assembly — no higher level language. There were routines used there, though, that probably made their way into later games. For example, the cel animation and scaling routines.'