Trouble with Indy 4 FoA on PPC

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BLUEmako

Trouble with Indy 4 FoA on PPC

Post by BLUEmako »

Hi all,

First I want to say that I am so glad I could never bring myself to throw out my old PC adventure games! I just discovered SCUMMVM and I'm so happy I did. Now I can relive the glory days of Adventure gaming. So many hours wasting during my childhood, I can do it again as an adult now. :)

I've managed to get quite a few of my old LA games running on my PDA but Indy Fate of Atlantis won't cooperate. It won't even start from the SCUMMVM screen, it just crashes out the the PDA file explorer without any error messages.

My specs:

PDA HP iPaq 212 Enterprise (VGA)
WM 6.0
SCUMMVM v0.11.1 for Win CE ARM
Indy CD Talkie version

I have placed all of the files from the game CD in my SCUMM games directory, SCUMM recognises the game as the CD/DOS/English version.

Any tips on getting this working? This was easily my favourite Indy game, and I've played a bunch of 'em even going back to the C64.

btw any ever play the Indy rip-off of Tombraider called Indy and the Infernal Machine? ;)
BLUEmako

Post by BLUEmako »

Okay: Update to the FoA issue

I played around with the Scumm settings and it will run on the 2x Graphics scaling setting, but not the 2xSAI setting I had it on...

Ok, I'm up and running, but why wouldn't it work where the others would I wonder...
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

Yup, I get the same issue (on my WM5 device) and yet (e.g.) S&M works fine with 2xSAI. You should file a bug report:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=418820
BLUEmako

Post by BLUEmako »

Bug report submitted. ;)