Monkey 1: SFX but no music

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DocUK

Monkey 1: SFX but no music

Post by DocUK »

I copied the MONKEY1.000 and MONKEY1.001 files from my Monkey Madness CD and added it to ScummVM. I have not touched any settings except the saves path and setting global graphics to HQ3X. However, I don't get any music in Monkey Island 1.

Reading the compatibility chart, I decided to try the Roland update patch - this involved copying the DISK09.LEC file to the directory with the other files (not sure if this has any effect at all, think it's designed for running the original game from floppy disks etc).

I have read numerous other topics in this forum about problems in MI1, but nothing has worked so far. Any ideas anyone?
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

Monkey Island 1 from the Monkey Madness CD uses CD Audio. See the Readme Chapter 7.7 or thousands of threads in ths forum how to access the Audio tracks.

best regards

Frank
DocUK

Post by DocUK »

I don't care about the enhanced music or whatever is gained from playing a CD version. I guess my real question should be - have the .000 and .001 files in the Monkey Madnes version been somehow fundamentally modified to use CD audio rather than the MIDI?

For MI2, the music is contained in the files. If the music for MI1 is still in its files as well, is there some way I can use that instead of the CD audio?
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

no, there is no MIDI Music in the CD Versions of Monkey Island, only some sound effects. You have to use CD audio or NO audio.

best regards

Frank