Future Wars - Saving on F200?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

swello

Future Wars - Saving on F200?

Post by swello »

I recently got an F200 and being able to play all my favourite point n' click adventures on ScummVM has been fantastic - especially with the touchscreen support on v0.11.0 :D

I noticed that Future Wars was supported and so I dug out my old amiga version (which still had the manual and overlay amazingly) and did the necessary to get it working - so far so good. I had a look at the compatibility list on the wiki and noticed that due to a bug, stick-click + X is required to get into the save/load menu. Is there a similar workaround for the F200 that anyone knows about that will allow me to save? I tried to press all 4 directional buttons at once - but that had no effect....

Thanks again for the great work - please keep it up! :)
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Hmmm,

I don't have an F200 but I will have a look and see what I can do about this.

John
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

If a Joy Click its neccesary, you can not do this on a F200 since there are no way to emulate this "joy Click" :-(

pressing 4 buttons at a time its just a fake legend.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Vampyre wrote:If a Joy Click its neccesary, you can not do this on a F200 since there are no way to emulate this "joy Click" :-(

pressing 4 buttons at a time its just a fake legend.
Agreed, there is no code in the F200's codebase that can generate a stick click (all the buttons are GPIO anyway). I guess I will fake it with some dirty F200 hack to the code :twisted:.
swello

Post by swello »

Erm - this is interesting - but I think I've answered my own question :shock:

On an F200 - if you press A + B + X + Y together - it brings up the save/load menu! I'm not sure why that is - but it begs the question if that is just a Future Wars specific bug on Scummvm or if that emulates a stick-click on other Apps.

Still - DJWillis - you might want to list this workaround in your documentation....
bramvandijk

Post by bramvandijk »

Well, in the original you needed to press the left and right mouse buttons simultaneously to pop up the save menu...