LucasArts Posters - The better thread

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

indyone_de

Artwork based on "Fate of Atlantis"?

Post by indyone_de »

Hello folks!

Besides these great posters and all the work that was spend to clean them I'd like to ask if anyone knows a website with artwork based on "Fate of Atlantis"?! I mean artists creating paintings or whatever based on "Atlantian" design or scenes from the game - something like that. :?:

The whole game is so full of beautiful artwork but I'd need something that has a higher resolution than original pixel size to blow it up to poster size. I've been searching but I haven't been successful, yet. :(

Thansk in advance! :)

Bye indyone_de
Last edited by indyone_de on Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Wow, that looks definitely sponge-worthy... I mean scan-and-print-worthy.

Let's hope he manages to scan and stitch that thing properly. Otherwise I'm gonna rebuild it with the scan of my manual.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

The idea is that he will scan it and upload the scans, if that doesnt work so well we will talk about shipping it to me to scan with the A3 scanner.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

that's even better than adventuregamers. nice.

this thread is growing fast, soon we'll reach 15 pages, lol.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Laserschwert you dont remember the filter you used to detail on the dig box do you?

i've been playing around with trying to patch toshi back into the painting.
Ive got a decent scan of the adventurer cover, and on its way to me now is the audio book, so once that arrives i'll do some more, Its mainly going to be a job of hiding edges and recolouring. but would be a lot easier if I knew how the original was done.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Well, it wasn't just filters... it was a load of different stone textures, shuffled though Photoshop's "pattern maker". Some of them copied and ran through the "relief" filter (and then set to "overlay"-mode). I'll have a look if I still have the PSD of that... though I doubt it.

Maybe I still have the touched up version before the upsize.

Edit:
HERE's "The Dig" before upscaling. Since it was one of the first posters I've done, I'm sure we can reach a better quality with some other scans.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I'll have a go
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Well, if anyone cares ive been messing around a little with the materials that I had
I've been able to get to this stage so far.

http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... kupcg7.jpg

its not great but I wasnt trying very hard, I'll probably just wait and do it properly when the audiobook cover arrives and i can scan it.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Nice, but I think it needs a little more contrast to match the rest.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Yeah plenty more work needed, not quite sure whey I posted it. haha
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

By the way, is the rest of the Adventurer-cover usable for a better poster? I think I've started mine with the MojoArts-scan, and those aren't the best.
pinkfloyd789

Post by pinkfloyd789 »

Even though these are nice pictures,I want to say that you've insulted me! I had a pretty good thread: orignal and clever. No just kiddin, really like the posters here!
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

pinkfloyd789 wrote:I had a pretty good thread: orignal and clever.
That's true... but what's also true is what the thread-title says: This is the better thread :P
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

So I finally got the DOTT SW poster printed after customizing it to be 50x70 as the store I found doesn't do 60x80. Thanks to Laserschwert for providing me with the logo separatly as well to make it look even better.

I put the customized version here (it's actually 50.5x70.5 as that's what they print): http://rapidshare.de/files/38777731/DOT ... 0.jpg.html

And of course and image of how it looks:

It's not broken, it's a cheap frame from IKEA so it's not even glass but some plastic and the flash makes it look broken. I'll probably stain the frame later or just buy a nicer frame. I just had to get it up on the wall!

So anyone living in Sweden wanting to get the posters printed, I can recommend http://www.frontweb.se/poster/. As they don't print 60x80 you have to either live with 30x40 or customize the posters. Or live with an ugly white border at either top/bottom or on the sides.