Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DCEvoCE

Downloads still link to v0.11.0 *FIXED*

Post by DCEvoCE »

It's linking to v0.11.0 on Downloads:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scum ... 2?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scum ... p?download

Excellent work on SCUMMVM btw. Thanks to all involved and especially to Marcus Comstedt for keeping the Dreamcast port up to date ! :D
Last edited by DCEvoCE on Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCEvoCE

Post by DCEvoCE »

Thanks for fixing it so quickly ! :D
Big robot Bill

Post by Big robot Bill »

Like DCEvoCE stated, I'm loving that the Dreamcast port is constantly up-to-date.

But, the plainfiles releases are still lacking the 1st_Read.bin, which is required for the DC to boot it up (according to my assuming logic). As I lack a copy of Nero (and ImgBurn doesn't like any *.nrgs I throw at it) I can't burn the precomplied images either. I have tried the latest Utopia on the first V0.11.0 release (the Christmas release, I believe) to boot the plainfiles burn, but that didn't do squat. Thus, I'm guessing I'll get the same results with this release as well.

Also, my previous method of putting a 1st_read.bin from the DCEvo pre-made Scumm won't work (as the versions are now different). I have zero Dreamcast programming knowledge, so I could be wrong on some points of the 1st_read.bin being required. But, it seems to be the only thing holding me back from being able to play ScummVM games on my DC.

If someone has gotten the plainfiles release to work, please, share how. :)
DCEvoCE

Post by DCEvoCE »

Big robot Bill wrote:But, the plainfiles releases are still lacking the 1st_Read.bin, which is required for the DC to boot it up (according to my assuming logic).

"scummvm.bin" = "1st_read.bin"

- You don't necessarily need to name your program "1st_read.bin". It can have any name you want, as long as it's linked to from "ip.bin".

I recommend BootDreams to burn your Dreamcast CDs:
http://dchelp.dcemulation.com/?BootDreams

BootDreams will ask you what's your executable if it can't find "1st_read.bin" in the folder you would like to selfboot. It will also update "ip.bin" for you (and if it can't find one: create it for you).
Big robot Bill

Post by Big robot Bill »

I was thinking of trying that, but didn't want to waste a CD. :P

But if what you say is true, than this should work if I were to burn it like it is? As I've tried that with previous releases and got nothing coming out of my DC. But, I'll give it a go anyway.

EDIT: HAHA! It works! Thanks for pointing that out, DCEvoCE. Better yet, Goblins 3 works fine (as in the bubble dialouge doesn't reset the system anymore; don't know about the rest of the game, yet).

The strange thing is that I don't recall BootDreams ever giving me that message before. And if it did, I must have given it the wrong file. Thanks for the tip!