earplugs with scummVM and Iphone

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vovven6@msn.com

earplugs with scummVM and Iphone

Post by vovven6@msn.com »

I can't use earplugs on my iphone while playing games with ScummVM. When I plug in my earplugs to my Iphone, the sound just disapper (both in speaker and no sound in earplugs) and when I disconnect them again, I have to restart the program to get sound again. I'm running ScummVM DEV 20080203_1436 and Iphone 1.1.3 (Everything else works totaly perfect. I'm running the dig, full throttle, monkey island 1 and 2 and Day of the tentacle.

Thanks for a brilliant prog!

Cheers!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Moving this to the iPhone subforum
vovven6@msn.com

Problem solved

Post by vovven6@msn.com »

I realized that you have to start ScummVM with earplugs already, and everything will work. I made the mistake of connecting the earplugs after the game was started.

By the way;

Would be very nice of the iphone volum control would adjust the volume in the game, instead of having to pull down the meny's and adjust the whole ting.

Cheers!
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Yeah, the sound volume is a bit annoying. Last time I looked at this there weren't any solutions to be found though, unfortunately. I'll poke around a bit more :).
Ryan

sound issue solved easily

Post by Ryan »

Close ScummVM, open 'music'/ipod on iphone/ipod, slide the volume to bar to the left and right and leave it to the highest value. This way, next time you open ScummVm the sound is at maximum peak (somehow this toggles the maximum soundvalue). Works like a charm for me.

I quite enjoy this piece of software.. keep up the good work.