Inherit the Earth problem on firmware 2.00

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gcsorba

Inherit the Earth problem on firmware 2.00

Post by gcsorba »

This latest version of ScummVM (0.8.0) is the first one I've tried out on my PSP, and it works nearly all of my games wonderfully. I did encounter two odd problems however, and I wanted to ask if they are bugs, or simply a problem with my hardware.

I have a European PSP with 2.00 firmware. I'm using Fanjita's EBOOT Loader 0.7. to start ScummVM. All of the old, floppy based SCUMM games work great, but when loading Inherit the Earth (floppy DOS version), the screen goes grey/black, the memory card is accessed for a long period of time, then nothing, and I'm forced to manually reboot.

My memory stick duo's capacity is very small (it's the one that came with the PSP), but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Sam & Max (floppy) is about the same size, with speech in the intro, and that works fine. The other problem was with "Passport to Adventure", the old Lucasfilm game demo collection. Upon starting it, it simply exits to the EBOOT text GUI (with no error messages visible). I'd also like to point out, that the games run perfectly with the PC version of ScummVM, so the problem's not in the game files.

Anyway, thought I'd ask. Great and fantastic work by the way, I never thought that an analog-controlled-mouse could really work, but I'm having the time of my life with my old game collection! Thanks a ton!
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

I don't own the DOS Floppy version, so I haven't tested it.
I tried the linux demo of ITE a couple of weeks ago on a 1.50 unit and it was working fine.. maybe you could give that version a try and see if it works to narrow down the problem.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Also, the "Passport to Adventure" demo runs fine here on my 1.50 FW PSP with the 0.8.0 release.
gcsorba

Post by gcsorba »

Thanks, I'll try other versions. But I think that it might be because of the 2.00 firmware. Well, there's still tons of other great stuff to play with, so no biggie.
ajax16384

Post by ajax16384 »

ITE needs much more memory than other ScummVM games and FW 2.00 provides only 16mb ( vs FW 1.5 with 24mb).
So SAGA engine still should be otpimized for memory access to be run on FW 2.0.
gcsorba

Post by gcsorba »

Thank you, I felt that the FW 2.00 memory had something to do with it.