Help with Broken Sword 1 on PSP

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Filmchick

Help with Broken Sword 1 on PSP

Post by Filmchick »

I tend to get random error messages that says, "Cannot find Paris2.clu" or "Cannot find Compacts.clu" or "Cannot find text.clu" but they are clearly in the game directory. Is there something that I'm not doing right? Are the files case-sensitive? I copied them directly from my CDs and they're all in CAPS.

Also, I seem to be running into the same Save Game problem like with Monkey Island 1. I'm not able to save games and the previous save game list disappears so I cannot restore either. This happens randomly and more frequently than the former issue above.

Does anybody else have this problem? I'm using PSP FW 2.0, Eboot Loader 0.8.5 and Scumm 0.8

Thanks!
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Yes, this is a known bug , unfortunately I haven't had time to look at it yet.
Filmchick

Post by Filmchick »

Is this bug only prevalent to people using a specific version of software or firmware? Has anyone here been able to successfully play Broken Sword 1 on the PSP? If so, please tell me your specs...such as PSP Firmware, ScummVM & Eboot version, and what version of BS1 did you pull the data files from?

Thanks!
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Filmchick wrote:Is this bug only prevalent to people using a specific version of software or firmware? Has anyone here been able to successfully play Broken Sword 1 on the PSP? If so, please tell me your specs...such as PSP Firmware, ScummVM & Eboot version, and what version of BS1 did you pull the data files from?

Thanks!
AFAIK, it doesn't work properly with any ScummVM/firmware/Broken Sword combination, and is either a bug in the port or PSPSDK.
Nonetheless it would be nice if you could comment on that bugreport with your details.