New version - OS5

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Weiland

Post by Weiland »

I am testing the latest ARM Test version (2006-01-22) in my LD with Simon The Sorcerer 1 and i can not figure how i exit from the game?

The scummVM menu don´t appear on the screen when I press any of the LD hard keys.

Greets.
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

the same way you exit the game in the original game, using the postcard
Weiland

Post by Weiland »

Chrilith wrote:the same way you exit the game in the original game, using the postcard
Yep, but i cannot press the Y to confirm i want to exit the game.

Greets
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

the same way you make an "Y" with any other application (one of the four button let you swap between wide and normal screen mode)
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

New version available of all engines
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Hey Crillith, I just finished testing the new all engines version with MICD, zaktowns, and dott floppy on my T/E2. the problem that i,ve been Having with the digitized sounding cd music is still there (note that in 0.7.* the music is crystal clear) but the speed is amazing, rock on. in Dott i got a peculiar message saying 'cannot find 45.lfl' and then a debugger window, ive checked and all the files are there, so i have no idea what's up. I havent had a chance to test the other engines as ive been fairly busy lately (heck i have like 6 arm.zip's that i havent had time to checkout at all) . Also i noticed that on the wiki it says that The e2 has music support now? I couldnt get this to work so if im missing something please let me now where im giong wrong. I was also wondering, if pocketunes support has been reimplemented?

Thanks again for all the hard work man
you rock

GloKidd
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

About sound quality really don't know the problem. Perhaps if I can heard it....

About music : try to uninstall the frontend and reinstall it, perhaps a problem with the previously saved prefs.
infinity

Copy protection on Simon1

Post by infinity »

Great work with the newest version! Works rock solid with sound on a TX!

One problem though, the copy protection on Simon one is active (it says invalid attempt and kicks me back to the launcher after two bad attempts).
It was bypassed on the last non-arm version I tried.
Am I forgetting something?

The "enable copy protection" checkbox is disabled in the options.
The copy protection on Simon 2 and all SCUMM games is still bypassed.
tebra

Post by tebra »

Don't know if it's a specific problem of palm port but I test kyrandia with the last version and I have this problem: my T3 reboot at the of the introduction -> when malcom transform the old man in stone.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

thanks Crillith, ill try to figuere out a way to post a sample of the sound (probably find a male/male head phone jack cord and hook it to the mic input of the comp{unless you think that this is a bad idea} to get a direct sample. Also how do i go about uninstalling the previous version? i usally just use the delete menu on the palm itself, sould i as well delete the ScummVM folder on my card? or am i missing something.
About the problem with the floppy version of dott(cannot find 45.lfl) i metioned earlier, I tried the same folder in 0.7.0 and dott ran fine.

thanks again

GloKidd
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

ok Crillith i got a couple of samples from MICD ( i had to hold it up to my quick cam mic :lol: )
the first is monkey1 cd with pocket tunes audio in 0.7.0
http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2E5U ... UHYTBJ0XRX
totally crisp and clear, i just added this file to show that my palm speaker works fine. the nexet one is from the latest arm.zip and has been a pretty constant thing for me in most of the test versions
http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1FA9T ... MMWJ3LV5T6
i actually had to turn up the volume on the mic to get it to play that loud :D
P.S. pluging into mic input via male/male cord=bad idea,unless you like high pitched squeals
Last edited by glokidd on Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

ok thanks, is this only with MP3 or any games ?
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

i have expereinced it a lot with dott and sam n max . note the last time i tested them though was either the arm.zip of 12/19/05 or 12/31/05, i missed a lot of testing what with the holidays and what not. I couldnt test dott this time because of the 'couldnt find 45.lfl' and i was wondering if you now need the original maniac mansion files in the folder as well as tentacle.000, tentacle.001, and its monster.sou? (to play from eds comp)
crazyoboist

Sony Clie NX73V not supported yet?

Post by crazyoboist »

Hi crilith,
I am sorry to tell you, that the new arm_testversion 0.9.0 from the 23.01.05 is definitely not running on my clie NX73V (fatal exeption error or so when starting Indy4 or dott...from the ScummVM-frontend)
So I will return again to 0.8.0 and stay tuned for the next test version...
greetings from germany,
crazyoboe
yud

Post by yud »

Hey Chrilith,

very good your work w/ the scummVM, but I have a problem, I got the ARM version and, after intalling it, copying the .engine files to the /Palm/Programs/ScummVM/Mods it keeps telling me ScummVM engine file was not found !

Please check that all required files are installed on your card and you have enough free storage memory.

I have a Tungsten E2 and tryied the 0.7 version and I it was sooooo sloooow and the sound corrupted.

Do u have a clue what it can be?