Lucasarts posters

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pinkfloyd789

Lucasarts posters

Post by pinkfloyd789 »

I just moved in a new house, and my room is bare. To decorate my room, I need Lucasarts posters (peferabley Mi, S&M, DOTT, FT, and FoA).

===========================================================

Edit by md5: Laserschwert created some excellent posters for Zak McKracken.

Links:
Preview
Cleaned up high quality poster, with "Zak McKracken" as text
Cleaned up high quality poster like the one above, with "Zak McKracken and the alien mindbenders" as text

===========================================================
luigihann

Post by luigihann »

Longcat

Post by Longcat »

have a look through this thread on the mixnmojo.com forums, some of these people are working on making hi-res posters from boxart. needless to say, you would have to print them yourself, but I guess you couldn't get a hold of most of these anywhere else anyway so...

edit; oh, was a bit fast there, I can see the ones from the previous post are mostly the same ones, so if you're not particularely picky, just ignore my post. Someone really needs to put these on a real website though... perhaps hosted by ScummVM?
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

Great links, now if I just owned an A2/A3 printer...
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Oh, what a coincidence, those are the ones I did ;) By the way, except for the latest two Indy-posters, the German Adventure-Treff.de was kind enough to host them.

And you don't have to own a special printer for it, because other people do... so just do a Google-search for online printing services, or head to your next copyshop, and you're good to go. (got mine printed for around 10 bucks each... but since I'm from Germany, a German printing-service like PosterXXL.de or Posterjack.de wouldn't be of much use to you, I guess).
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

Laserschwert wrote:Oh, what a coincidence, those are the ones I did ;) By the way, except for the latest two Indy-posters, the German Adventure-Treff.de was kind enough to host them.

And you don't have to own a special printer for it, because other people do... so just do a Google-search for online printing services, or head to your next copyshop, and you're good to go. (got mine printed for around 10 bucks each... but since I'm from Germany, a German printing-service like PosterXXL.de or Posterjack.de wouldn't be of much use to you, I guess).
Yeah, actually, I can get some A3 prints from my dads work, got a bunch of fantasy pictures hanging on my wall atm. :-)

Saw in one of those threads that you were looking for a better copy of the DOTT Star Wars like poster. Was going to sign up and post there, but since you're registered here I'll be lazy. Actually found one that's bigger, but the colors need to be toned down (just adjusting the levels should be enough) and it seems to be framed and part of it is lit up by the flash I presume. Not sure if it's enough to work with or not. Can't find the URL where I got it from though, I'll try and check my browsers history.

Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

[vEX] wrote:Image
Yeah, I've been looking for a higher-res version of it for ages. I'd be able to clean up problems like uneven brightness from a flash or creases and stuff... but is it the one on your post? That one is still quite low-res, only slightly more detailed than the one I've already found. Plus this one has serious JPEG-artifacts.
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

Laserschwert wrote:
[vEX] wrote:Image
Yeah, I've been looking for a higher-res version of it for ages. I'd be able to clean up problems like uneven brightness from a flash or creases and stuff... but is it the one on your post? That one is still quite low-res, only slightly more detailed than the one I've already found. Plus this one has serious JPEG-artifacts.
Yeah, it's pretty bad, but it seems to be higher resolution then the other ones I've seen.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Good news: I've managed to snag a copy of Adventurer #5 off of eBay. As soon as I get it, I'm gonna clean it up for poster printing.
[vEX]
ScummVM Webmaster

Post by [vEX] »

Laserschwert wrote:Good news: I've managed to snag a copy of Adventurer #5 off of eBay. As soon as I get it, I'm gonna clean it up for poster printing.
YAY! :-D

If you don't forget, please post back here as I've been looking all over since I found out it exists.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Yeah, I will.
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I was looking at the exact same auction page for this copy of adventurer, Its great that someone with skill ended up getting it instead :)

I notice its a little folded(in quarters) is stuff like that easy to work around?
luigihann

Post by luigihann »

Do you make wallpaper versions of these images? I've cropped the Monkey Island ones into wallpaper-size myself, because they make a great desktop.
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Yeah, I guess I can fix up the folded parts.

And no, I'm not going to make wallpapers of it... whoever wants it might do it by himself.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

God I'm looking forward to having that framed on my wall.