DOTT Windows version on Mac?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chris_kalan

DOTT Windows version on Mac?

Post by chris_kalan »

I have a copy of Day of the Tentacle for the PC. But I only use a Mac now, so can I use the Windows version to run DOTT on my Mac (running OS X 10.4)?

Thanks for the help!

Btw, I tried using the executable, but it wouldn't let me select it.
clem

Post by clem »

Sure, should work alright

You just need the Mac version of ScummVM and the files listed on the datafiles page (you won't need the dos .exe file)
chris_kalan

Post by chris_kalan »

I tried exactly that. When I went into "Add Game", it doesn't let me select any of the files. I just downloaded ScummVM today, and am using an iso version of DOTT on my mac. Again, it is a windows version. I unpacked the ISO and i get all sorts of files like INDYDEMO folder and REBEL like I remember on my PC, and I can open all the folders from within "Add Game" in ScummVM but none of the files.

Help!!
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Just select the -folder- that contains the data files, and click ok. You don't select the files directly.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

chris_kalan wrote:I tried exactly that. When I went into "Add Game", it doesn't let me select any of the files. I just downloaded ScummVM today, and am using an iso version of DOTT on my mac. Again, it is a windows version. I unpacked the ISO and i get all sorts of files like INDYDEMO folder and REBEL like I remember on my PC, and I can open all the folders from within "Add Game" in ScummVM but none of the files.

Help!!
Where did you get that iso version of DOTT?
chris_kalan

Post by chris_kalan »

I made a backup of all my CDs when my brother moved out for school and took the lot of them. So I just went to my backup hard drive with all my ISOs on them. Is this why the game isn't working?
axewater

Post by axewater »

i was able to get DOTT working with full speech on my PC so iot should work
i am unable to get it to run on my n800 but i think im doing something wrong there