Games for the Scumm

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

granty

Games for the Scumm

Post by granty »

Hey all, i have just downloaded the Scumm V8.0, and i would like to play the games they talk about, indiana, manic mansion, early monkey island, etc, but i have no idea where to find these games to download.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Games for the Scumm

Post by eriktorbjorn »

granty wrote:Hey all, i have just downloaded the Scumm V8.0, and i would like to play the games they talk about, indiana, manic mansion, early monkey island, etc, but i have no idea where to find these games to download.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.
At this time, the only freely available games for ScummVM are Beneath a Steel Sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen, which can be found in the downloads section of the ScummVM Web page. They are available only thanks to the generosity of their creators.

The other games have to be purchased. Depending on where you live, they may be more or less difficult to find. You can probably order the Broken Sword games from Sold-Out Software, the Simon the Sorcerer games from Adventure Soft Publishing, and Inherit the Earth from Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co.

The LucasArts games may be trickier. While I frequently run across copies of The Dig, Full Throttle and The Curse of Monkey Island around here, you may have to resort to places like eBay to find the older ones. LucasArts used to sell some collections of older games, but I don't think they do any more.

You may hear some people claim that a game becomes "abandonware" if it hasn't been sold for a few years, but this is just an urban myth with no legal meaning. Copyrights last for a very long time: In the US, it's "seventy years after the death of an author, or seventy-five to ninety-five years in the case of works of corporate authorship and works first published before January 1, 1978." But we can probably expect this period to be extended -- again -- the next time Mickey Mouse is in any danger of entering the public domain...
Last edited by eriktorbjorn on Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corpse

Post by corpse »

We can not provide links to warez, abandonware or any such downloads, as this will cause legal problems for scummvm. Also Its in the forum rules not to ask for warez. The only games which you can download are Beneath a steel sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen, these are available on the extras section on the download page. These 2 games have been made freeware by their creators.

All the others you will have to buy through ebay or some stores sell some re-releases.

Corpse

(when I replied to this eriktorbjorn must have been half through his as It wasn't there.)
granty

Post by granty »

Thanks guys.
Will work on that