Monkey Island 1 Music not playing

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

evilguy12

Monkey Island 1 Music not playing

Post by evilguy12 »

Hi, I'm trying to get The Secret of Monkey Island (the Bounty Pack Edition) working on my PSP. The sounds work but there is no music at all. As well as this I am trying to Monkey Island 2 working. It comes up with this anti-pirating thing when you have to in numbers, but how do you type numbers on PSP?
jak66

Post by jak66 »

cannot help with no music problem, but to enter numbers (letters and symbols as well) press select to bring up the OSK.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Monkey Island 1 Music not playing

Post by eriktorbjorn »

evilguy12 wrote:Hi, I'm trying to get The Secret of Monkey Island (the Bounty Pack Edition) working on my PSP. The sounds work but there is no music at all.
The CD version of The Secret of Monkey Island uses audio tracks on the CD for music; the kind that you can play in any music CD player. The "standard" version of ScummVM should be able to play them either directly from the CD (I guess that's not an option on the PSP), or from compress files (MP3, Ogg Vorbis or FLAC). The README file has more information about that, but I don't know for sure if compressed sound is supported by the PSP version of ScummVM.
jak66

Re: Monkey Island 1 Music not playing

Post by jak66 »

Yes, compressed sound is supported, but not FLAC.

This info is already posted on the wiki page I just noticed.

Q: My Monkey Island 1 doesn't have any music, what gives?
A: If your version of Monkey Island came on a CD then it has the music as CD Audio tracks. You need to rip those to MP3/Ogg and copy them to the same directory as the game data files for music to work.
evilguy12

Post by evilguy12 »

jak66 wrote:cannot help with no music problem, but to enter numbers (letters and symbols as well) press select to bring up the OSK.
Thanks how do I rip them, with SCUMM Revisted?
TK-421

Post by TK-421 »

Say, if anyone could give me a real quick reply on this it'd be much appreciated - I'm going to Austria tomorrow and what better way to spend the time on the bus than by playing MI?
Anyhoo, I've got the same problem as the OP, and have ripped all the music from my CD (I own the White Label release, with both SoMI and MI2 on the same disc, so it's all the music). However, when converted to either MP3 or OGG they do not play, although placed in the same folder as the game files.

Has anyone encountered the same problem? I imagine it's something to do with the names of the files, since they're all unnamed at the moment. Can someone help me out?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

The information you seek can be found in the README.
In short; the files have to be named track1.ogg, track2.ogg, etc.

You can use mp3 as well, but I recommend ogg vorbis for the PSP port.
TK-421

Post by TK-421 »

joostp wrote:The information you seek can be found in the README.

Why, thank you so very much! Sound works like a charm now. It'll be a swell ride after all :P
clem

Post by clem »

TK-421 wrote: Why, thank you so very much! Sound works like a charm now. It'll be a swell ride after all :P
Enjoy Austria (I hope you go to the parts without eternal fog and the storms they predict for the weekend) :D
llama_girl

Post by llama_girl »

joostp wrote:The information you seek can be found in the README.

yay!! thank you! i now have sound :D you've just made my day!!