Lure of the Temptress, another Revolution's game using VT

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

John the adventurer

Lure of the Temptress, another Revolution's game using VT

Post by John the adventurer »

Hello,

I was doing one of my massive wikipedia explorations about stuff I like, then finding for adventure games I didn't know and remember Lure of the Temptress. I didn't paid attention to this game, but now I know it more it seems worthy to being supported in ScummVM, specially if using the same game engine of the others 2D Revolution Software's games, Virtual Theatre.

Do it's possible? It's planned to being supported in the future?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/lure- ... temptress/
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Track505

Post by Track505 »

Wow. Cool. My first Adventure. :lol:
Dwyloc

Post by Dwyloc »

I two look forward to Lure of the Temptress being supported by ScummVM is it is still one of my favourite adventure games from my Amiga gaming days and too this day it still has one the best intro’s to any adventure game.

I just love the combination of the stile of graphics and the excellent intro music.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

Yeah, I'm also looking forward for this game being supported.

Since it is now freeware, it makes perfect sense.....

However, since there are so many things to-do, I don't think it's that a priority...
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Well, as the developer working on the Lure of the Temptress module, I can tell you that it's taking up most of my time over the Christmas holidays - I'm not involved in any other ScummVM development, so I'm able to devote my time to it.

As I said in the tracker module, development speed is mainly limited by the fact that I don't have access to the original source code for the game, so I'm having to slowly disassemble the DOS executable to figure out the data formats. I'm currently nearly finished figuring out the animation format, and hope to do a cleaned up release with basic animation support by the start of next week that can be incorporated into the CVS.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Wow, that sounds good!

Can't wait to file the first bugreport! :wink: :wink: :oops:
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

dreammaster wrote: I'm currently nearly finished figuring out the animation format, and hope to do a cleaned up release with basic animation support by the start of next week that can be incorporated into the CVS.
Glad to hear that :-).
Angelus3K

Post by Angelus3K »

dreammaster wrote:Well, as the developer working on the Lure of the Temptress module, I can tell you that it's taking up most of my time over the Christmas holidays - I'm not involved in any other ScummVM development, so I'm able to devote my time to it.

As I said in the tracker module, development speed is mainly limited by the fact that I don't have access to the original source code for the game, so I'm having to slowly disassemble the DOS executable to figure out the data formats. I'm currently nearly finished figuring out the animation format, and hope to do a cleaned up release with basic animation support by the start of next week that can be incorporated into the CVS.
Is there a reason why Revolution haven't offered the source code to this game? Strange if they won't as they have given the code for Broken Sword and BASS which is also freeware.
clem

Post by clem »

yeah, they can't find the source :-)
Angelus3K

Post by Angelus3K »

OMG!!

I love Revolution, but a company that can't find its own source code to its games!!!

They should be locked in a vault somewhere or at least next too Charles Ceciles "pr0n" folder on his PC.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Angelus3K wrote:I love Revolution, but a company that can't find its own source code to its games!!!

They should be locked in a vault somewhere or at least next too Charles Ceciles "pr0n" folder on his PC.
Then would you also lock them for not finding the missing voice tapes?
Also Adventuresoft can not find one of their tapes. Lock them too?

We certainly should be glad of what's still there and that they are so kind to share it with us.
No company is perfect.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

I think he meant to lock the sourcecodes safely, not the developers, but hey you're giving me an idea..... :D
Angelus3K

Post by Angelus3K »

Yes I did mean lock the source code away somewhere safe.

Locking the company staff away wouldnt be very good Logic(Deluxe) would it :lol:

And AdventureSoft, I think there source code fled the UK when they released Simon 3D. I was so looking forward to that game after Simon 2. I still have the emails I sent and recieved from AdventureSoft in 1998 discussing it lol
Dwyloc

Post by Dwyloc »

Dreammaster I have been watching the patch tracker thread and its good to see the progress you are making on the lure module and I will look forward to trying it out then it makes it into the daily win32 builds.

Keep up the good work. :)