large pointer?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

safetybar

large pointer?

Post by safetybar »

Hello-

Does anyone else have a problem selecting very small items or areas of the screen when playing games with the iphone port? I was wondering if there was a way to make the pointer bigger. My finger generally covers it when I am scrolling around the screen and have a problem selecting certain areas.
giidii

Post by giidii »

I have the same issue. Tried with the lastest-est SVN and still not fine with this...

:twisted:

Cheers
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

I have some cursor zooming stuff in the works that should alleviate this, but no ETA as of yet I'm afraid.
Morty

Post by Morty »

Vinterstum, if you could make this type of zoom, it would be perfect : http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/200 ... e0011B.jpg

(I did not link the picture directly, it belongs to gizmodo)
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Morty wrote:Vinterstum, if you could make this type of zoom, it would be perfect : http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/200 ... e0011B.jpg

(I did not link the picture directly, it belongs to gizmodo)
There's a discussion about exactly what you're mentioning here :)
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

What I've started work on now (no ETA yet, game dev in crunchtime doesn't always leave much spare energy for side projects :P ) is basically a toggable mode, where the cursor and the area surrounding it will be magnified somewhere else on screen (active whenever you're holding a finger on screen). Won't look quite as pretty as the loupe maybe, but should be functional at least :).

Or you never know, maybe the official SDK will give a nice way of popping up the regular loupe (couldn't see a good way of doing this with the current CoreSurface stuff).