ScummKor, a Korean ScummVM fork

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

John the adventurer

ScummKor, a Korean ScummVM fork

Post by John the adventurer »

ScummKor is a korean fork of ScummVM 0.7.0, I think it's good because they want to translate the supported games and modified ScummVM for add korean support, but they not wanted to merging it into official ScummVM is seems. It's based on ScummVM 0.7.0.

Source code available: http://kldp.net/projects/scummkor/

What about merging this ScummVM fork on the official ScummVM branch support korean stuff? Why Koreans did a fork instead collaboring for adding Korean support?

Maybe someone could talk them and proposing a merging, everyone could be benefit of that (latest version supporting korean, more developers helping...).

Regards.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Most of it already was merged, i.e. better support for Korean fonts and GP32 port. Won Star is in the team for several weeks now and he is our GP32 porter and obviously Korean versions supporter ;)

Eugene
John the adventurer

Oops, I didn't know that, sorry...

What about joining the pages? It could be a nice start for having ScummVM page in different languages, now korean but maybe a lot more in the future, especially asian languages because their language is extremelly different than occidental languages (and a lot more complex, of course).

Thanks a lot for your reply ;)
clem

Post by clem »

problem with multi-lingual pages is always the updating - the scummvm website is huge - readme, faq, compatibility lists, tutorials, news - who'll translate that whenever a change occurs?

imo it's better to have a reliable English website, than a bunch of outdated localized versions

(also note the forum rule stating that the forum is english-only)
John the adventurer

I think that it's possible with a good amount of volunteers, but a lot of them. It seems difficult, but better outdated page for asian languages than nothing (korean, chinese and japanese people generally has really bad english).
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

John the adventurer wrote:I think that it's possible with a good amount of volunteers, but a lot of them. It seems difficult, but better outdated page for asian languages than nothing (korean, chinese and japanese people generally has really bad english).
Heh, we don't have any volunteer to write ScummVM documentation even in English :lol: :lol: :lol: And you're talking about Korean. Also if that site will pop up, we will have to deal with that language, i.e. we will be getting messages/post forums/whatever in Korean too. Who will read, understand and reply to that? So far only Won in our Team knows that language and babelfish and translatre google aren't really really bad help here.
ScummVM kor FAQ wrote: 3. Is the ScummVM freebie?
The ScummVM becomes, the GPL (General Public License ) with the reel li cu it is like that and it phu li sees is to become worse. The ScummVM the source cord use because is possible, you wants of the fact that what is a possibility with this. Assault you work it will ask an amendment to if it and when distributing must do to be possible certainly, source use. It is like that but, to choose the fact that it sends if you fringe land facts to the ScummVM team and it will be able to combine in Maine tree if there to be to do be good.

Eugene