ScummVM keeps closing down

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Hazed

ScummVM keeps closing down

Post by Hazed »

This happens frequently throughout Broken Sword 1and 2. If I reload the game it usually manages to pass the place it last crashed at but it will then just crash somewhere else. Its very annoying. Any ideas what might be causing this?
sysfailure

Post by sysfailure »

I'm getting this too in the new version I installed today. When I play Day of the tentacle CD talkie version, scummvm shuts down shortly after I'm in the game even if I don't touch it. Loading a save from later in the game will load but scummvm will still shut itself down shortly afterwards. Sometimes it even shuts down before I can even skip the intro. It didn't do this on the last version.

Edit:
Tried a complete uninstall and reinstall instead of just an update and it doesn't seem to be doing this anymore. I will update if it does.
Hazed

Post by Hazed »

I did the same, uninstalled it via Installer, rebooted my iPod. Installed it again via Installer, rebooted my iPod.

Opened Broken Sword 2, went to the Cafe bit, spoke to the waiter twice, asked him about the old mans flask and BOOM... ScummVM closed itself again...

*cry*
bobablob

Post by bobablob »

I too am having this problem, I wish I were able to reproduce the error, but alas, it happens rather often.