transfer saved games???

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

baracuda420

transfer saved games???

Post by baracuda420 »

Hey forum folks I love iPhone scummVM port as well as playing it with an actual mouse on my macbook. My question is, can I transfer my saved games from my mac to my iPhone and continue it then transfer the saved game back? If this is possible it would be so awesome playing the game wherever I am. Any info is helpful. Thanks!
clem

Post by clem »

sure, should be possible
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Yup, just upload the savegames (On your Mac they'll be in /Users/youruser/Documents/ScummVM Savegames), to /var/root/.scummvm on the iPhone.
axewater

Post by axewater »

man thats an awesome feature i didnt think it was possible
Jimmni

Post by Jimmni »

I don't have a .scummvm file or directory in /var/root/ – or anywhere else I can find, either. But I definitely have save games. Where else might they be? :?: Thanks!

Edit: I found them!

/private/var/mobile/Library/ScummVM/Savegames/

*phew!*
rdbrake

Post by rdbrake »

i can transfer savegames from my iphone to my pc, but not the other way around. specifically i'm having trouble with broken sword. has anyone gotten it to work?
clem

Post by clem »

rdbrake wrote:i can transfer savegames from my iphone to my pc, but not the other way around. specifically i'm having trouble with broken sword. has anyone gotten it to work?
as far as I remember, broken sword both needs some savegame index file (with the names of the savegames) and the individual savegame files. Have you tried moving all savegame files + accompanying index file (sorry, don't know the filename offhand) around or just the savegame itself?
rdbrake

Post by rdbrake »

genius

it also needed the savegame.inf file

thnx, now i can play anywhere!
pimlottc

Post by pimlottc »

Jimmni wrote:I don't have a .scummvm file or directory in /var/root/ – or anywhere else I can find, either. But I definitely have save games. Where else might they be? :?: Thanks!

Edit: I found them!

/private/var/mobile/Library/ScummVM/Savegames/

*phew!*
Very handy, I was just looking for this myself. Thanks!

Could someone please add this to the wiki? I would but it doesn't look like I can create an account.