Newest subversion PSP build?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jinx1337

Newest subversion PSP build?

Post by Jinx1337 »

Hello everyone.
Excuse me if I am a little bit naive or straightforward, but would it be possible for somoene experienced to compile a working latest PSP subvesrions build of Scummvm to use with games such as I have no mouth and I must scream?

I don't know how much of a hassle it is, so I'm just politely asking.

I also repeat my plead about 333mhz build of latest Scummvm... it would really help a couple of games like Touche or COMI.

Thanks for a reply of any kind.

Best regards.
trondah

Post by trondah »

I just compiled the latest version from SVN for myself, if you want to use it go ahead but if it makes your PSP blow up don't blame me.

http://chaos.troll.no/~trondare/psp/

I might set up some scripts to automate a daily build here eventually.

As for a 333MHz build, does anybody have a patch to do this? It could probably be a benefit on games with compressed data. Don't know if there's really a need to have a binary deciding the clock though, as overclocking is easily done manually in newer M33 firmwares.
trondah

Post by trondah »

Latest build now contains Pix2's patch for the Kyra engine to use a digital soundtrack for "The Legend of Kyrandia". Full patch/source and MT-32 soundtrack available in this thread:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5078
stroos

Post by stroos »

trondah - you are my god :)

I was awaiting ScummVM with Kyrandia2: Jand of fate and now i can run it - the best adventure for me! :D
JonWW

Post by JonWW »

Could someone be so kind to compile a new working PSP subversions build of ScummVM? The MD5 data for some Humongous games I've recently bought have been added and would like to have something to keep the kids occupied with on the go :)
manias

Post by manias »

could you perhaps compile a 0.13 version for the psp so we can try out discworld? :) :)
ColeZero

Post by ColeZero »

Iam really looking forward for 333Mhz build of scummvm, but i can only find a build for 1.50 Kernel. Is there a single eboot available for 3.XX oder 4.XX kernel?

@Trondah:
I tried your last build with 4.XX M33 and it doesn't work. It starts, but i cannot start any game. If i try to start one, the screen goes black and iam back in the main-menu of scummvm.
manias

Post by manias »

ColeZero wrote:Iam really looking forward for 333Mhz build of scummvm, but i can only find a build for 1.50 Kernel. Is there a single eboot available for 3.XX oder 4.XX kernel?

@Trondah:
I tried your last build with 4.XX M33 and it doesn't work. It starts, but i cannot start any game. If i try to start one, the screen goes black and iam back in the main-menu of scummvm.
12.0 official perhaps?
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

manias wrote:could you perhaps compile a 0.13 version for the psp so we can try out discworld? :) :)

I second that notion! Pretty please with a cherry on top? :3

Yeah can we have a 333Mhz version just so I can try it out?

Post by Avatar76 »

I'd just like to see how it goes with COMI, I don't want it to be the official build or anything.
It just seems that the ogg format compressed files seem to cause some stuttering for certain dialogue.
Would it be worth decompressing it to see if that makes a difference?
It's pretty well perfect in terms of the sync between audio and animation now.
manias

Re: Yeah can we have a 333Mhz version just so I can try it o

Post by manias »

Avatar76 wrote:I'd just like to see how it goes with COMI, I don't want it to be the official build or anything.
It just seems that the ogg format compressed files seem to cause some stuttering for certain dialogue.
you can try to set your psp in 333mhz mode in recovery can't you? or doesn't that work anymore
Jinx1337

Re: Yeah can we have a 333Mhz version just so I can try it o

Post by Jinx1337 »

manias wrote:
Avatar76 wrote:I'd just like to see how it goes with COMI, I don't want it to be the official build or anything.
you can try to set your psp in 333mhz mode in recovery can't you? or doesn't that work anymore
I always used CWCheat when running any homebrew to set the CPU up to 333 mhz. Always worked with SCUMMVM nicely.
Jinx1337

Post by Jinx1337 »

Jinx1337 wrote:
manias wrote:could you perhaps compile a 0.13 version for the psp so we can try out discworld? :) :)

I second that notion! Pretty please with a cherry on top? :3
Pretty please with lots of sugar and a cherry on top? :3
Indiana Bones

Post by Indiana Bones »

Would 'Return Of The Phantom' work with this build?
clem

Post by clem »

Indiana Bones wrote:Would 'Return Of The Phantom' work with this build?
I don't think ScummVM supports that at all.