Sound on/off?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bing

Sound on/off?

Post by Bing »

Is there any way to turn the sound completely off on the iPhone? If I'm playing it on the bus or a plane, I'd like to be able to keep it silent.

I couldn't find these instructions on the iPhone forum yet when I looked.

Thanks!
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

In the game list, choose 'Edit Game...'
Go to Volume, and edit the volume settings.

Don't know if there is something like a 'Mute' button though...
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

It would be quite convenient if the port checked to see whether the silence switch on the iPhone were flipped or not -- but unless I'm mistaken, the iPod Touch doesn't have that little switch and so it may be exceedingly hard for Vinterstum to program/test it.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Yup, would have no way of testing it.

But if anyone knows of some other homebrew app that uses the same thing, that'd help :). Would just have to use someone with an iPhone as a guinea pig.
Bing

Post by Bing »

I went into Options (the same way you Save/Load a game) and it had volume settings in there. That's the best I could find, and it works for me!

My only question is... HOW did I get to that menu? I've tried several finger combinations and can't seem to find it again.
Bing

Post by Bing »

Found it again! Portrait veiw, then clicking "(" on the keyboard brings up that menu.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Vinterstum wrote:But if anyone knows of some other homebrew app that uses the same thing, that'd help :). Would just have to use someone with an iPhone as a guinea pig.
I'll keep my eyes peeled :)
Bing wrote:My only question is... HOW did I get to that menu?
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/IPhone

Check the "Controls" section there :) There's a much easier shortcut to the menu.