Day of the Tentacle / Dott problem on Treo 680

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lobo

Day of the Tentacle / Dott problem on Treo 680

Post by lobo »

Hello,
i have "little" problems with Day of the Tentacle on my Palm Treo 680 device. All other LucasArts games are working very fine. But Dott just won't work. I have no clue why. I have the needed three files (monster.sou, tentacle000, tentacle001) on my flash card, path and game name are right. But every time I want to start the game i'm only getting to the white loading screen, then back to my palm apps screen. Anybody could help me with that? Are there special game settings to run the game?
Thanks for your help in advance,
lobo
thatgui

Post by thatgui »

Hmm I would guess that the described behavior points to the "somethings missing" - problem. Are you sure you got all the needed files ?? try putting everything you got on your cd/disks on your card. Also recheck your config. I played DOTT to the end on my Zodiac without any problems and without any special game settings.
Tried the direct mode ?? (deselect the current game in the list by tapping on it, then hit the start button. After choosing the correct engine, you are in the "old" scummvm - launcher.Add a game, choose the proper path on your card and run it)
lobo

Post by lobo »

Hm, i deleted the files on my flash card and copied them again. Now it works! A little bit strange.
Thx for your help,
lobo
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

Doesn't it work on desktop version of scummvm?
Can you check the scummvm.ini file on your card and report its content?