HE Games?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kandresen

HE Games?

Post by kandresen »

(Having wasted time before on the PalmOS port...)

Before I start copying files over to my iPhone, is there any chance that Humongous Entertainment games are supported? My kids eagerly await the answer...
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

The iPhone port of ScummVM contains all of the engines that are included in the PC/Mac version of the software -- so the iPhone port has the potential to work. We just need someone who owns an HE game to test it for us to know whether it needs tweaking or not :)

It's not really cumbersome to copy files to the iPhone, though-- so give it a whirl and let us know how it goes!
kandresen

Post by kandresen »

Will do (the "wasted time" was trying to get it to work on my old Treo when it seemed the HE games were turned off in the PalmOS port) but the games are at home and I'm still at work...
curlycarlos

Post by curlycarlos »

Yes, HE games run well. I've tried it with demos from Backyard Soccer, a game that unfortunately doesn't run...
BJ_Wanlund

Post by BJ_Wanlund »

Once I get the time (and my HE games [Backyard Baseball 2001, Backyard Football, Backyard Football 2002, Backyard Soccer MLS Edition, and Backyard Basketball]) and I scrape together the money for the iPhone Developer Program, then I'll give them a shot on ScummVm on my Mac and my iPhone.

BJ