Monkey Island 3 has alzheimer's

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

HousePlant

Monkey Island 3 has alzheimer's

Post by HousePlant »

Hi everyone. So when I run MI3 I occasionally get the error "out of memory". I have 128mb of ram and nothing running in the background. It's an SX66 400Mhz running Windows Mobil 2003se. Any advice? Thanks

PS, I just checked and the exact amount of free ram allocated for programs is about 81 Megabytes. That should be more than enough right?
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

No idea. If you find a way to semi-reliably reproduce this error, let us know. The available memory is more than enough, but it could be a lurking memory leak in the code (if it happens after you've been playing for some time).
HousePlant

Post by HousePlant »

Thanks for the reply. So far it seems to occur in these two scenarios very reliably and seemingly regardless of how long I've been playing:

1. When I attempt to enter the port town of El Puerto de Pollo(I think thats what its called) from the north east end.

2. When I attempt to leave the singing barber shop. However, I was once able to leave but only after talking to everyone, spreading lice to unsuspecting victim/s, and stealing a pair of scissors. I have not been able to repeat this so far.

I haven't played much further into the game simply out of frustration, but if it would help you to fix these bugs I'll start making my way through and documenting them all. Let me know. Oh, after each error there is a number, would that help?
Thanks abunch
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Yep, as much detail as possible please. Also please report it using our bugtracker. A savegame nearby is also preferable to be attached.