Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Ron Gilbert approves :)

Post by Vinterstum »

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Nice :) I liked the news item, but personally I didn't approve of the way he presented it.
Thank you God for listening to my prayers, and God, if you're still listening, you might want to do something about those starving kids in Dufar, they could also use an iPhone that can play Monkey Island.
Not my idea of "fun" but yeah, it's good that he likes the iPhone port and advertised it, together with ScummVM (again) :)
Morty

Post by Morty »

md5> It seems that Ron heard you :

"UPDATE: Some people are pretty upset by the last paragraph of this post. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone or make light of any terrible situation, just to opposite. I apologize for not expressing the irony and absurdity of our corporate greed driven materialism better."
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Huh? Now, judging from your creative posts, you are definitely a live human, not a bot, but still what's the point of reviving a 3 months old thread?

Eugene
Morty

Post by Morty »

I did not want md5 to retain even a little of animosity regarding Ron Gilbert. I hoped that it was just a misunderstanding and since I found that it was, shared the result.

I might also overcompensate a bit my lack of presence on the forum although I have been following the ScummVM project for years. Guess I'm a bit frustrated of not being able to contribute as much as I'd like to ;)