Uploading files

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bing

Uploading files

Post by Bing »

I already read the instructions which said to use an SFTP client to access my iPhone's IP, but my attempts with that have proven futile.

Does anyone have any guides they could link me to so I can get files directly onto my iPhone in order to use scummVM? Thanks!

- Bing
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Could you give us some more detail as to where the hangup is, and what OS you're doing this from? That would help us walk you through it much more accurately :)

Be sure to read through this thread before roping someone into giving you a personalized walkthrough, though ;-): http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4750
Bing

Post by Bing »

Thanks. I was actually about to post that I had just fixed it though. I couldn't get putty to SSH correctly, so I used WinSCP (I'm running Vista Ultimate) and SFTP worked.

Now my only concern is about what types of files I need to import, as the ones I got from my old CD seem to not be in the correct format (scummVM does not see them when browsing on my iPhone).
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Well that's good news! You're close -- you just need to check the Wiki for each game you're trying to copy to your device, and it'll tell you what files are required :)

This is a good place to start!
Bing

Post by Bing »

The list of required files seems to comply with PC VGA Floppy (in that I have 4 LFL files and 1 LEC file), but the game isn't being detected.

Do I only have a partial list? The game is nearly impossible to find anymore, and I was lucky to find my [very] old copy as-it-is.
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

What game are you trying to run?
Bing

Post by Bing »

The Secret of Monkey Island, sorry I forgot to mention that!
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

Strange, you have a cd with the floppy files on it?

So those files are in a dir in the /var/root (or somewhere else) and then you choose 'add new game' and pointed to that dir?
Bing

Post by Bing »

My dad bought the disc years ago (I don't know where from), and it used to work on our old Gateway. He did the set up back then, so I don't know about why these files are on the disc.

...and I just got it to work. I was navigating INTO the folder with the game into it when I should have just selected it and clicked "Add game" from there.

And apparently this is the demo, not the actual game... now my final problem is finding the original disc, apparently.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for being stupid!
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

Somewhere on the scumm wiki pages you can find places where you can still buy the original games!
They are definately worth it!
Bing

Post by Bing »

Yeah, I found it on eBay already, but it's like $50. I know I have the disc around here somewhere, it's just a matter of finding it amoung the copies of Mavis Becon Teaches Typing and Chessmaster 2000