Treo 650 - Can't Save in KQ1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

partyofone

Treo 650 - Can't Save in KQ1

Post by partyofone »

I am successfully running KQ1 on my Treo 650 off of a 1GB SD card. I notice when I save it goes through the whole process and gives me a message that it saved successfully. But if I pull the save menu up, the file is never there. I saw someone mention read/write attributes, so I checked in Windows and sure enough, all the folders have a Read Only attribute. However, when I remove it and apply it comes right back. In other words, it's like something is preventing me from removing it. I am using a PNY SD card and the 'Lock' switch is not engaged. Anyone have experience with this or any ideas? Thanks.
partyofone

Post by partyofone »

Upon a deeper search I found a thread discussing problems with direct saves to SD cards and modifying the .INI to fix it, but this was in the context of Nintendo DS. Does anyone know if this is a universal problem that applies to SD cards on all systems and if there is a workaround?
partyofone

Issue Resolved

Post by partyofone »

Apparently ScummVM creates a folder under 'ScummVM' called 'Saved' where it was saving the files to. I was under the impression that I could specify any folder to save and had specified 'KQ1' (the game folder) as the save folder in direct mode. Once I changed the setting to the 'Saved' folder it started working great!