Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SpARC

Post by SpARC »

Left Doubleclick (for ScummVM Menu) - doubletap
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

SpARC wrote:Left Doubleclick (for ScummVM Menu) - doubletap
oo, good call-- I didn't think of that one. Added!
divinez0r

Post by divinez0r »

Tom -
I wonder if we should have a few people confirm some of these so that we know its the program, not the phone/touch. Otherwise someone could just look at the unplayable list and not even try some of them.

Over in the itouchfans forums there was a long thread about a program that some could get to work some couldnt blah blah. Maybe some of these games could be in the same boat.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

divinez0r wrote:Tom -
I wonder if we should have a few people confirm some of these so that we know its the program, not the phone/touch. Otherwise someone could just look at the unplayable list and not even try some of them.

Over in the itouchfans forums there was a long thread about a program that some could get to work some couldnt blah blah. Maybe some of these games could be in the same boat.
You read my mind -- even with COMI in version 20071113, it looked like I was the only one able to get the actual game to load. I'll add a little blurb to the original post about it.. thanks for the suggestion :)
Blackthorne

Post by Blackthorne »

I got Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade working with no problems. I didn't try much though, just walking around the first few screens, talking to people and so on.
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Blackthorne wrote:I got Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade working with no problems. I didn't try much though, just walking around the first few screens, talking to people and so on.
Even just being able to load it is a better report than we had :) I added your input to the list -- if I get a chance, I'll dig up my copy and give it a whirl -- but if anyone else has it easily on hand, we could use another report :)
markush8

Post by markush8 »

I wasn't able to get the menu for saving etc. on Indy3 (it worked on the other games). Can anyone confirm this?
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

I can also walk around in Indy3
The saving also works good.

Have not looked much further yet, but from what I have seen it is playable
sandman4sure

Post by sandman4sure »

Gobliins 2 is - like Gobliiins - not playable: also not responding to any input
markush8

Post by markush8 »

Any news when the frame anmiation fix for Monkey Island 1 CD version is going to be solved?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

markush8 wrote:Any news when the frame anmiation fix for Monkey Island 1 CD version is going to be solved?
Do you believe that asking the same thing over and over in different threads is helping?
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

I added Gobliiins 2 -- I'm going to hold off on the error report for Indy3 until we have a way to duplicate the problem that's being reported.

As for asking when things will be fixed -- keep in mind that Vinterstum's the only coder working on this branch right now, and chances are he either has a full time job or is a student, both of which would take immense amounts of time on top of the sheer difficulty of this project to begin with. I'm sure it's much more encouraging to find ways to help rather than shifting his focus :)
Areku

Post by Areku »

Tested Loom EGA in Spanish: works ok!
Tested Monkey Island I in Spanish: works ok!
Tested Day of the Tentacle in Spanish (voices in english though): works ok!
Tested Indy Jones and the Last Crusade in Spanis: works ok! ;)

INdy has a slight missplacement of the subtitles though:

Although its hardly noticeable on the forum white background, the I for Indy appears on the RIGHT part of the screen instead.

Also, I guess you already know the mouse cursor is about less than an inch BELOW the place you touch the screen, right?
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Areku wrote:Although its hardly noticeable on the forum white background, the I for Indy appears on the RIGHT part of the screen instead.

Also, I guess you already know the mouse cursor is about less than an inch BELOW the place you touch the screen, right?
Wow, thanks for the Spanish input! Those 4 are updated.

I've noticed a bit of wrap-around in some of the games, too... In general many of them seem to be placed a bit too far to the left and going offscreen, but every now and then I'll get one or two columns of pixels on the right that show that little cut-off bit.

The mouse cursor is a documented bug, though :). It seems that the upper-left corner of the cursor graphic is being placed where you tap instead of the center.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

TomFrost wrote: The mouse cursor is a documented bug, though :). It seems that the upper-left corner of the cursor graphic is being placed where you tap instead of the center.
Sounds like it's not taking the cursor "hotspot" into consideration when drawing the cursor image.