iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ExultDominus

Post by ExultDominus »

Just wanted to give a little The Dig report as well. With the latest version of ScummVM on the iPhone 3G, it seems that when you use compressed files the voice overs in cinematic scenes lag behind. This is noticeable in the first two long animations, when you bomb attila and then when the star ship kidnaps you.

I compressed with --vorbis with the latest tools. I can provide a savegame and when I clean up my iphone, I can probably try with the uncompressed version :)

Edit: tested the same compressed files on my PC with current snapshot of ScummVM and it played fine without any lag. So maybe the compatibility wiki entry of The Dig needs a "beware, use uncompressed data files".
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

elenax wrote:What is the difference between an iPod shuffle and the iPod shuffle V3? I what to purchase an iPod shuffle, and I looked onto the argos website, and realised that there is two iPod shuffles. The normal iPod shuffle and an iPod shuffle V3. Does anyone know the difference between the two?
I don't know. Remember, most people looking at this topic will either have an iPhone or iPod Touch, so they probably wont know.

Besides, this is technically a ScummVM forum. :wink:
bsfan

Post by bsfan »

Just tested Broken Sword 2, works fine(Thanks 2 U guys, am grateful!), only for cutsenes to become available, you need to copy *.smk files too.
ZLedas

Post by ZLedas »

Discworld 1 works BUT there is no easy way to do (left mouse button) double click. The (not easy) solutions are to use Click+Drag mode clicking twice OR use "enter" key (but then the picture is small).

It would be nice to have some kind of shortcut for double click ;)
flyx

Post by flyx »

ZLedas wrote:Discworld 1 works BUT there is no easy way to do (left mouse button) double click. The (not easy) solutions are to use Click+Drag mode clicking twice OR use "enter" key (but then the picture is small).

It would be nice to have some kind of shortcut for double click ;)
Seconded.

Double clicking DOES work but you have to be really fast to get it working. The double-clicking interval should be modified.

Also, the title theme continues to play when you start a new game and the university music starts to play after the intro. The title theme only stops playing when you leave Rincewind's room.

The enhanced soundtrack doesn't work, but I didn't really expect it to anyway.
goras

Post by goras »

I tryed TeenAgent on my ipd touch with the latest scummvm 1.1.148890, and It fails near the end, inside the mansion, when you read the fat man's diary, and you need to hide in the lower part of the screen, the cursor doesn't show [hide at the lower left part of the screen] or something, hence you get stuck.

I can provide a save if needed.

edit: works fine in the desktop version.
jamesson

pixelated graphics on Monkey sland 3 and Broken Swords

Post by jamesson »

I have a problem in the graphics of Monkey sland 3 and Broken Sword 1. They have the image distorted and twisted legends. It is impossible to read the subtitles and the picture is ugly .. this problem is only in these two games. the others tested are perfect.

Not tested on Windows ScummVM. only in Iphone.

have any version of those two games that run well? or any provision for a new version that fixes this?

I'm using the latest version: 1.1.148890
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: pixelated graphics on Monkey sland 3 and Broken Swords

Post by sev »

jamesson wrote:I have a problem in the graphics of Monkey sland 3 and Broken Sword 1.
Please do not cross post. Forum Rule #7.

Eugene
JamesPaige

Kyrandia 2 playable only until Alpinia

Post by JamesPaige »

I am using iPhone ScummVM 1.1.148890

<s>I was playing through Kyrandia 2 Hand of Fate, and it was working great until I got to Alpinia (http://www.ladyofthecake.com/kyrandia/kyrand2f.shtml), and got abducted by the abominable snowman. No matter what I do, the hunters will not show up.</s>

Not sure if this is a scummvm bug or a bug in Kyrandia 2 or (perhaps more likely) I am doing something dumb :)

EDIT: nevermind. I was just doing something wrong. Kyrandia 2 works perfectly. I would add it to the iPhone compatible list on the wiki, but I can't figure out how :)
darkjujux

Broken sword 2 on iphone doesn't allow to save

Post by darkjujux »

I tried everything I could. I set the permission to mobile and 777 on /private/var/mobile/Games and /var/mobile/Games.

The game boot perfectly but I cannot save the game. The saving (and loading by the way) interface is not responding to click, double-click. The ESC command is the only one which works.

Moreover, the autosave option doesn't seem to work (or I didn't understand what this option is supposed to do).
Actually, I waited for 5 minutes (default param in Iphone scummvm) then relaunch the game but my new location hasn't been saved.

Someone have experienced such a thing?

Otherwise, thank you the dev team to bring this treasure to us. (I'm playing Broken sword 2 on my mac :) )
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken sword 2 on iphone doesn't allow to save

Post by eriktorbjorn »

darkjujux wrote: Moreover, the autosave option doesn't seem to work (or I didn't understand what this option is supposed to do).
I don't know about the other questions, but I do know that only some of the game engines implement auto-saving. Broken Sword 2 didn't last time I checked. (There probably aren't any technical limitations that prevents it from being implemented, but someone has to do it.)
polocatfan

Post by polocatfan »

I'm trying the spy fox games on scummvm iphone port latest version.

Spy Fox 1 CD English: Works perfectly

Spy Fox 2 CD English: Works perfectly

Spy Fox 3 CD English: Can't get it to detect

Spy Fox Cheese Chase CD English: Works perfectly

Spy Fox Hold The Mustard CD English: Works perfectly. Touchpad mode recommended.
dpmedeiros

Post by dpmedeiros »

Hi,

I've tried King's Quest 6 (both windows and dos versions) on the iPad and neither of them work. This is on ScummVM 1.2.1.

I get past the Sierra logo and I see the title screen, but am unable to get past this. Tapping the Play button depresses the button onscreen but doesn't do anything. None of the other buttons work. I've tried with the touchpad disabled as well as enabled.

Thanks.
pooley

Post by pooley »

Hey guys!

First i would like to say you are legends.
Playing all those childhood classics on your phone is just frickin' awesome!
Thanks for all the hard work!

I did some testing today and i would like to share the results.
Each game was only played for about 10-20 minutes so it's still possible for the game to crash or have bugs.
All the games that say "works 100%" played flawless with no errors or other weird stuff.

* iphone 4 - ios 4.1 - scummvm 1.2.1

* zak mckracken
- fm-towns / english version
- result = works 100%

* the secret of monkey island
- cd / dos / english version
- result = works 100%

* monkey island 2
- result = works 100%

* curse of monkey island
- cd / windows / english version
- result = works 100%

* fate of atlantis
- result = works but there's a black border in the title screen that is still there during gameplay and doesn't go away.

* fate of atlantis
- cd (talkie) / dos / english version
- result = works 100%

* day of the tentacle
- result = works 100%

* sam & max
- result = works 100%

* full throttle
- version a / dos / english version
- result = works 100%

* eco quest
- result = works 100%

* eco quest 2
- floppy / dos / english version
- result = works 100%

* castle of dr. brain
- result = works 100%

* island of dr. brain
- result = works 100%

* conquest of the longbow
- result = works 100%

* king's quest 5
- result = doesn't work. i can play for 2 minutes then the debugger console pops up (error about illegal cursor move) and all i can do is type exit in the console and return to iphone desktop.

* king's quest 6
- result = works 100%

* police quest 3
- result = works 100%

* police quest 4
- result = doesn't work. shows up as sierra sci game. starts (black screen) but throws me right back to iphone desktop.

* space quest
- vga / floppy / dos / english version
- result = works 100%

* space quest 4
- result = works 100%

* space quest 5
- result = works 100%

* laura bow 2
- result = works 100%

* leisure suit larry
- vga / floppy / dos / english version
- result = works 100%

* leisure suit larry 5
- result = works 100%

* leisure suit larry 6
- cd (talkie) / hi-res / dos / english version
- result = doesn't work. shows up as sierra sci game. starts (black screen) but throws me right back to iphone desktop.

* leisure suit larry 6
- cd (talkie) / lo-res / dos / english version
- result = works 100%

* leisure suit larry 7
- cd / win / english version

* legend of kyrandia
- result = works 100%

* hand of fate
- result = works 100%

* bud tucker in double trouble
- result = works 100%

* i have no mouth and i must scream
- result = doesn't work. starts (black screen) but throws me right back to iphone desktop.

* future wars
- result = works 100%

* cruise for a corpse
- result = works 100%

* discworld
- cd / v2 / dos / english version
- result = works 100% but doesn't play very well. you have to switch the whole time between click & drag + touchpad mode.

* discworld 2
- result = works 100%

* drascula
- cd / dos / english
- result = doesn't work. starts (black screen) but throws me right back to iphone desktop.

* touche
- cd / dos / english
- result = works but doesnt play well. tried the click & drag + touchpad option and it shows the cursor menu but i can't select a thing. very buggy.

That's it folks.
I'll keep testing and if anything comes up i'll post the errors / bugs in this thread.

Have a good one!

Mark
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Police Quest 4, Leisure Suit Larry 6 hi-res, Leisure Suit Larry 7 are not yet supported

I also believe that the black box in Fate of Atlantis 4 FM-TOWNS is because it isn't supported in 1.2.1. It should be supported in the latest unstable version.

I'm not sure what the problem with King's Quest 5 is. Where/when does that happen?

Also, I'm not sure what the problem is with I Have No Mouth or Drascula... might be some odd iPhone specific issue

Please file bug reports concerning KQ5, IHNM and Drascula. As for the control issues... that's the way these games behaved, so I don't know if there's any control scheme for them that would actually work on a touch device