ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Android Port > Android rocks \m/ Goto page Previous  1, 2
Android rocks \m/
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
iPwnzorz

Android is simply a Linux distro with a Trademark isn't it? Surely you could just setup up some nice C interpreters and get the Linux SVM running/source built?

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:49 pm 
fingolfin
Retired

quote:
Originally posted by iPwnzorz
Android is simply a Linux distro with a Trademark isn't it? Surely you could just setup up some nice C interpreters and get the Linux SVM running/source built?

No, it is not. If it was that simple, don't you believe we'd already have a port? We are not *that* stupid Smile. Read up on e.g. Wikipedia what Android is about.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:42 pm 
iPwnzorz

Oh.

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:44 pm 
siosphere

I'm attempting to port it to the G1 Smile

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:07 am 
Harakiri

quote:
Originally posted by fingolfin
quote:

No, it is not. If it was that simple, don't you believe we'd already have a port? We are not *that* stupid Smile. Read up on e.g. Wikipedia what Android is about.

this statement is wrong, debian ARM is already running on g1 with gcc
Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:31 pm 
fingolfin
Retired

quote:
Originally posted by Harakiri
quote:
Originally posted by fingolfin
quote:

this statement is wrong, debian ARM is already running on g1 with gcc

Look at the timestamps, man Smile.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:47 am 
sblaise84
Got a warning

Gotta say, I love scummvm on my G1. Works fairly well although the touchscreen could be better. Hitting small items with ur fingers a pain. And I wish I knew if it was gonna be updated, as a couple games have freezing issues. Oh well, guess I can't have everything.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:39 pm 
gus
ScummVM Porter

quote:
Originally posted by sblaise84
Gotta say, I love scummvm on my G1. Works fairly well although the touchscreen could be better. Hitting small items with ur fingers a pain. And I wish I knew if it was gonna be updated, as a couple games have freezing issues. Oh well, guess I can't have everything.

Yes it's going to be updated. I'm trying to get a mouse cursor working and it's turning out to be really difficult :(

As far as I'm aware, freezing mid-game problems should all be issues in the scummvm codebase itself rather than my port. Unfortunately, I grabbed a between-release svn to base the port on, so it's possible I got a snapshot that was less stable than a normal release. Once 0.14 comes out I'll only upload actual release versions to the android market.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:00 pm 
md5
ScummVM Developer

quote:
Originally posted by gus
quote:
Originally posted by sblaise84

Yes it's going to be updated. I'm trying to get a mouse cursor working and it's turning out to be really difficult Sad

As far as I'm aware, freezing mid-game problems should all be issues in the scummvm codebase itself rather than my port. Unfortunately, I grabbed a between-release svn to base the port on, so it's possible I got a snapshot that was less stable than a normal release. Once 0.14 comes out I'll only upload actual release versions to the android market.

You mean 0.13.0? 0.14.0 is the current unstable version, and will be released much later (usually, in 6 months) 0.13.0 will be released by the end of February, if memory serves well
Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:35 am 
ZorgBlub

Does someone know where the sources of this port can be found? I would be interested to have a look at them for the current problem on android 2.0+...

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:31 pm 
fingolfin
Retired

The Android port has been added to ScummVM today, so you can now find it in our regular SVN repository Smile.

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:43 pm 
Reply to topic