i can't fix the no scummvm.ini problem

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

luke_destroy

i can't fix the no scummvm.ini problem

Post by luke_destroy »

i keep getting the "WARNING: Unable to open configration file C:\windows\scummvm.ini!" and i'm not awesome enough to fix it.

please help.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

That has been already discussed here:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=158

Hope it's of some help.

Best regards

Joachim
luke_destroy

Post by luke_destroy »

so i did what is said by writing a TXT file and i don't get the no .ini warning anymore

but now i can't see anything.

help?
luke_destroy

Post by luke_destroy »

also, maybe someone could compile the threads about this problem into a sticky so that the numberous un-code-savy like myself won't have to leave numerous posts about this problem.

just a thought
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

luke_destroy wrote:also, maybe someone could compile the threads about this problem into a sticky so that the numberous un-code-savy like myself won't have to leave numerous posts about this problem.
Only completely ignorant users keep posting this question. They disregard clear statements in forum rules and forum rules themselves. This question is already explained in the FAQ, are searchable on these forums, but we, ScummVM developers are slaves in their eyes and should answer same questions over and over again like brainless parrots. :evil:

Eugene
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Now, someone here is in a baaaad mood today... 8) 8) 8)

Also, I happen to like parrots.

And eyepatches....

And hooks....

And peglegs....

Sorry, sev, just meant as a joke. :D
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

sev wrote:
luke_destroy wrote:also, maybe someone could compile the threads about this problem into a sticky so that the numberous un-code-savy like myself won't have to leave numerous posts about this problem.
Only completely ignorant users keep posting this question. They disregard clear statements in forum rules and forum rules themselves. This question is already explained in the FAQ, are searchable on these forums, but we, ScummVM developers are slaves in their eyes and should answer same questions over and over again like brainless parrots. :evil:

Eugene
It's very annoying, I know ... maybe the mods could start deleting these posts on sight. I know it's still extra work for you all.

Jimbob
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Jimbob wrote: It's very annoying, I know ... maybe the mods could start deleting these posts on sight. I know it's still extra work for you all.

Jimbob
I don't think this would be fair, because it does not honor users helping users, which is often the case and has been the case in this thread also.

Best regards

Joachim
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

joachimeberhard wrote:
Jimbob wrote: It's very annoying, I know ... maybe the mods could start deleting these posts on sight. I know it's still extra work for you all.

Jimbob
I don't think this would be fair, because it does not honor users helping users, which is often the case and has been the case in this thread also.

Best regards

Joachim
But it's pure lazyness to not a) read the forum rules and b) search the previous posts.

Jimbob
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Or little experience with Internet forums....

Anyhow, I clearly can remeber a thread being closed to which I wanted to reply just one minute later. And it was closed because it was out of the devs scope. It is OK by me if the devs don't answer every single thread, eg. when it's out of ScummVM's scope.

But still, users may want to help each other and they have no other way then the forum here.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

joachimeberhard wrote:Or little experience with Internet forums....
Yes but the forum rules suggest lurking a little before posting and if you're a lurker you'll read most of the posts.
joachimeberhard wrote:Anyhow, I clearly can remeber a thread being closed to which I wanted to reply just one minute later. And it was closed because it was out of the devs scope. It is OK by me if the devs don't answer every single thread, eg. when it's out of ScummVM's scope.

But still, users may want to help each other and they have no other way then the forum here.
I agree with this but it just seems to generate more and more threads that digress into discussions like this one!

Jimbob
pi

Post by pi »

Maybe it would be an idea to create a "Duplicate Threads" subforum ("Trashcan" is too close to "Junkyard"), threads that disregard forum rules and/or the FAQ could be moved there, locked, with a "read the FAQ (blah)"-like comment. That'd be better than just deleting a thread because it makes it comprehensible for the common user (noob) why his question wasn't answered. Spares us from all the "I wrote about this before, but noone answered and my post and it vanished somehow and I wanna know and please answer immediately!!11!1".

Regards,
pi~
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

pi wrote:Maybe it would be an idea to create a "Duplicate Threads" subforum ("Trashcan" is too close to "Junkyard"), threads that disregard forum rules and/or the FAQ could be moved there, locked, with a "read the FAQ (blah)"-like comment. That'd be better than just deleting a thread because it makes it comprehensible for the common user (noob) why his question wasn't answered. Spares us from all the "I wrote about this before, but noone answered and my post and it vanished somehow and I wanna know and please answer immediately!!11!1".

Regards,
pi~
Yeah, that could work.

Jimbob
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Why would you need to lock a topic that no-one is answering to?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

joachimeberhard wrote:Why would you need to lock a topic that no-one is answering to?
So it suddenly doesn't reappear when someone does reply to it. If it's locked it will just filter further down the list of topics, I think.

Jimbob