ween the proph problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

urkurk123

ween the proph problem

Post by urkurk123 »

hi , i search some dusty old crates from the attick and found ween the prohecy. installed it on my comp and tossed it over to my smartphone. damned i missed that game. :)
I use an pocketpc wm5 with scummvm. lucasart games runs beautifully .. but when i run ween. i get into the game.. however .. the bottom left icon (where you have scummVM options/load/save/quit.etc..) is missing..(the other 4 icons is there though) so i cant exit the game. Furthermore inside the game .. i have sound and picture.. but the top inventory list on ween is gone.. so i cant save - use inventory - help or the other stuff... the game IS running though
what i do wrong ?
thanks for answering..
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

Shouldn't this be in the PocketPC subforum?

In any case, the upper menu only appears when you mouse-over it. Consequently, you'll have to DRAG the cursor up to the top of the screen with your stylus to get it to open. The same thing happens with any other Coktel game which uses the drop-down menu (i.e. Gobliins 2, Lost in Time, etc.). And the Scumm menu shouldn't work, it's a SCUMM-only thing (and since this is not a SCUMM-based game, you really shouldn't've expected it to work).
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Moved to the PocketPC forum
urkurk123

Post by urkurk123 »

Shouldn't this be in the PocketPC subforum?
yes it should - sorry for posting wrong ...
In any case, the upper menu only appears when you mouse-over it. Consequently, you'll have to DRAG the cursor up to the top of the screen with your stylus to get it to open. The same thing happens with any other Coktel game which uses the drop-down menu (i.e. Gobliins 2, Lost in Time, etc.).
ye i remembered how that used to work on my pc , but draging the stylus didnt work on my ppc. but doubletapping twice above the playpicture worked.. and in that case landscape mode on ween doesnt work on mine i guess..
And the Scumm menu shouldn't work, it's a SCUMM-only thing (and since this is not a SCUMM-based game, you really shouldn't've expected it to work).
absolutely true :oops: not only am i new to this i should have seen that though... :wink:
anyhow thanks for answering...
Noelemahc

Post by Noelemahc »

but draging the stylus didnt work on my ppc.
Ow. Sorry for confusing you then. It's just that dragging is the only way to get it to open on my UIQ3 phone :)

Still, I'm glad you've found a solution to the problem.