Problem with the Dig

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dutchMasta

Problem with the Dig

Post by dutchMasta »

Hi,
there's a problem after eclipsing the moon at the planetarium spire. after the small cutscene, F5 doesn't work anymore. I'm using v0.8.0. My specs are:
Win XP Pro
Pentium M 2GHz
1Gig RAM
80Gig HD
Geforce 6800 256MB VRAM
Using HQ3X filter
other than that, it worked perfectly so far, and the shortcut keys for savestates still work ok, but i've used all the first 9 slots and usually use f5 to save in the later slots. any ideas or is it just a bug? thanks!
Last edited by dutchMasta on Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Hm, are you really using hq4x?

If so, you are using an official custom build based on custom source, and we don't really support that... if you can reproduce the problem with the regular official build, feel free to ask again :-)
dutchMasta

Post by dutchMasta »

Ack, no, I meant HQ3X, I'll edit it.

I didn't even know that there were custom builds with HQ4X, well, anyway, I'm not too bothered about the video filters, just want this game working, thanks!
Isaac_A_Steiner

Post by Isaac_A_Steiner »

several users have reported, that the ESC and /or F5 RANDOMLY does not work.

Go back, and see if you can repeat it.

Isaac
dutchMasta

Post by dutchMasta »

yeah, i tried going back, but it's right after that cutscene in the planetarium (after aligning the moons/planets so that it eclipses), no matter if i skip it or not, it doesn't work after that.
dutchMasta

Post by dutchMasta »

i know i should edit, but it won't get moved to the top of the list. this is not just a bump, i want to ask if anyone else has the same problem, so i can add it to the current list of bugs in the current scummvm on sourceforge. it shouldn't be hard to fix, but it's quite a big bug imo.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Isaac_A_Steiner wrote:several users have reported, that the ESC and /or F5 RANDOMLY does not work.

Go back, and see if you can repeat it.

Isaac
I know on Full Throttle the F5 doesn't work when you're driving on the fighting road (whatever it's called). I assume it's a part of the game that saving isn't allowed, could this be occuring at this point in The Dig? I've yet to start playing The Dig.

Jimbob
clem

Post by clem »

indy3 also disabled saving after the temple entrance (but the game told you) - but you could die in indy - can you die in the dig? else crippling saving would be pointless
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

Nope, no gruesome death in The Dig (not for the main character at least).
dutchMasta

Post by dutchMasta »

even so, that's not the point. i don't want to play the whole game in one go, and i'd prefer not to over write my previous saves.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The only thing I can think of that would disable saving would be if something overwrites the VAR_MAINMENU_KEY variable which, in the case of The Dig, would be variable number 65, I believe.

Bringing up the debug console (e.g. with Ctrl-D) and typing "scumm_vars[65]" ought to print "(int)scumm_vars[65] = 319". If not, typing "scumm_vars[65] 319" will set it to 319, but of course that's only a workaround, not a solution.
dutchMasta

Post by dutchMasta »

thanks, that was a lot of help eriktorbjorn, it got set to 0 after the planetarium bit.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

dutchMasta wrote:thanks, that was a lot of help eriktorbjorn, it got set to 0 after the planetarium bit.
Hmmm. Maybe a bug? Can you steady reproduce it?

Eugene
dutchMasta

Post by dutchMasta »

sev wrote: Hmmm. Maybe a bug? Can you steady reproduce it?

Eugene
What do you mean by steady reproduce it? sorry to sound dumb...
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

dutchMasta wrote:What do you mean by steady reproduce it? sorry to sound dumb...
Have exact steps to reproduce it always.

Eugene