No Talking Audio in Broken Sword!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SaitanMar

No Talking Audio in Broken Sword!

Post by SaitanMar »

Hello again,

Well I've sorted out the audio in the cutscenes but for some reason there is no audio from the one and only Rolf Saxon as George Stobbard. Not sure why this but when the game starts up after the explosition and the subtitles appear theres no voice? I went to have a look at the ScummVM options and turned on Subtitles and Speech but with no affect?
clem

Post by clem »

(from datafiles pages I indicated in the other post)
Rename speech.clu on CD1 to speech1.clu
Rename speech.clu on CD2 to speech2.clu
ChrisMacDee

Post by ChrisMacDee »

clem wrote:(from datafiles pages I indicated in the other post)
Rename speech.clu on CD1 to speech1.clu
Rename speech.clu on CD2 to speech2.clu
Hey I'm having the same problem, but i did change the names. speech.clu ---> speech1.clu on disc 1 and speech.clu--->speech2.clu on disc 2, that right? Also the cutscenes have no sound either but in the actual game screen the music and sound effects play fine.

EDIT: I got the speech working ingame, turned out that i had the speech files in 2 different folders named SPEECH1 and SPEECH2. Obviously quite picky with folder names. The videos are still silent tho
clem

Post by clem »

ChrisMacDee wrote:The videos are still silent tho
The cutscenes consist of both audio (flac or ogg, depending on the package) and video files (dxa) - both need to be present so that sound AND video plays.

I don't know if the psp port is able to play flac and/or ogg files - the about-dialog of ScummVM should tell you.

If the files are there but not played, you could try converting them to mp3.
ChrisMacDee

Post by ChrisMacDee »

clem wrote:
ChrisMacDee wrote:The videos are still silent tho
The cutscenes consist of both audio (flac or ogg, depending on the package) and video files (dxa) - both need to be present so that sound AND video plays.

I don't know if the psp port is able to play flac and/or ogg files - the about-dialog of ScummVM should tell you.

If the files are there but not played, you could try converting them to mp3.
Thanks for replying, the ironic thing is i sorted the problem out after i'd posted lol just found the ogg file pack n stuck on the psp! :D Bit weird how you have to put them on separately tho :S
clem

Post by clem »

ChrisMacDee wrote: Thanks for replying, the ironic thing is i sorted the problem out after i'd posted lol just found the ogg file pack n stuck on the psp! :D Bit weird how you have to put them on separately tho :S
Since DXA files are lossless video it makes sense to distribute them together with lossless FLAC audio.
The problem is that some smaller device ports can't cope with FLAC.
ChrisMacDee

Post by ChrisMacDee »

ahh right, fair enough. thanks for takin the time to explain to me! :D